Just heard about a road rage study and how states ranked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody should have to LET you merge! A correct driver, sees the opening, gets up to proper speed and easily merges in. No disruption of traffic flow.

Too many believe they have the right-of-way and pull onto the freeway, causing freeway traffic to abruptly slow down. While the idget merging in, drives below the normal traffic speed.

The lack of driver education in the school system is a major contributor. Add in the entitled and perpetually offended, you get what we have created.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not always the most courteous driver, but I don’t have your typical road rage; I tend to just call people 12 year old insult names in a nice voice. I have dealt with some horrible road rage before though. 1/3 of the time it’s minivans, sometimes full of kids. One time I passed someone, I was in the right lane, going about 110 up to tulsa. Yeah I was going a little fast, but it was controlled and they had plenty of room. That lady in a pickup truck proceeded to try and run me down and run me off the road, swerving at me and throwing stuff. Ridiculous.I found that I had more people doing that sort of thing when I had a nice car too, I don’t understand why.

Tremor

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in rural Texas where everyone except teenagers (myself being one of those teenagers) were friendly drivers. Then I moved to Houston after High School and realized a huge difference between city and country drivers. To say the least, I didn't last very long in Houston. What drives me crazy the most in OK is the slow divers in the left lane and how many people think they need to draft like they're driving in Talladega.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
People nowadays are stressed out like crazy. The economy, political uncertainty, the constant pressure of social media, etc., have people filled with fear and anxiety. That naturally turns to rage. The media, and the powers that be, seem to stoke these worries at every opportunity. Frankly, it’s a wonder that it’s not worse than what it is.

One interesting thing I’ve noticed is that often times the car you drive can make a difference in how other drivers treat you. When I’m driving my crazy tricked out Gladiator, people are much nicer, than when I’m driving my other car. It’s crazy, but true.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in rural Texas where everyone except teenagers (myself being one of those teenagers) were friendly drivers. Then I moved to Houston after High School and realized a huge difference between city and country drivers. To say the least, I didn't last very long in Houston. What drives me crazy the most in OK is the slow divers in the left lane and how many people think they need to draft like they're driving in Talladega.

Spend a short time in Rhode Island if you want to see the worst crazy stupid drivers. We are going to be up here doing our Summer job of "surveying road and pavement conditions" for a number of weeks. We've not been there but about 3 weeks and I'm already ready to go home, especially since my part of the job is driving the work van on Rhode Island roads.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(Stepping up onto my soapbox)
If you find yourself consistently having problems while on the road, you might consider the common denominator; YOU.

If you're always getting tailgated guess what? People constantly in your way, guess what? If you feel like you are the only one on the road driving correctly, guess what....

Either you're the AH road raging, you're oblivious to the driving patterns around you, or you have some passive aggressive hero complex, regardless it's a you problem with a you solution.
That's just crazy talk. Ok, maybe I do a little drafting, but when I pass I give em the finger with both hands, laying on the horn with my elbow, steering with my knee, just to show em how its done. And if someone cuts me off, maybe they need to be taken to the wall. What's wrong with waving a couple of guns around while driving, that's specifically covered under the 2A. Come on man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom