Just heard about a road rage study and how states ranked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

4. Oklahoma​

Oklahoma’s score: 92.86 out of 100

Drivers in the Sooner State were the third most likely in the nation to say that another driver in their state has exceeded the speed limit to block their car from changing lanes (43%), tied with New Mexico and Wyoming. They also ranked third for being forced off the road by another driver (9%), tied with Alabama and Delaware.

More than half (52%) of Oklahoma drivers were the recipient of rude or offensive gestures. Sooners also frequently reported being tailgated (66%) or honked at (69%).

Just over 20% report knowing someone who was injured in a road rage incident.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texans drive north and seem to refuse to get out of the left lane.
You know, every time I'm in Texas and driving back to OK, I see that one guy in the left lane that makes people pass on the right. I always joking start saying, don't be from OK, don't be from OK. And BOOM OK plates.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, every time I'm in Texas and driving back to OK, I see that one guy in the left lane that makes people pass on the right. I always joking start saying, don't be from OK, don't be from OK. And BOOM OK plates.
I didn't say Okies don't do it too. I've seen plenty from both states doing it up and down I-35.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's interesting. Nice to see tailgating was at 62%. I don't feel so alone now. I get tailgated a lot.
I think a lot of us do . . . I'm sure folks feel like I'm tailgating them at times too. Definitely seems like we're surrounded by drivers in their own little worlds some days.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't say Okies don't do it too. I've seen plenty from both states doing it up and down I-35.
I've never understood why it's so hard for people to ride in the right lane til it's time to pass, pass, then get back over. I mean, most drivers just click off their brain when they get in a car.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood why it's so hard for people to ride in the right lane til it's time to pass, pass, then get back over. I mean, most drivers just click off their brain when they get in a car.
I hate drivers in the passing lane, but -

Try southbound 75 from downtown Tulsa to the I-44 split. It ought to be a crime to let our roads get like that.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(Stepping up onto my soapbox)
If you find yourself consistently having problems while on the road, you might consider the common denominator; YOU.

If you're always getting tailgated guess what? People constantly in your way, guess what? If you feel like you are the only one on the road driving correctly, guess what....

Either you're the AH road raging, you're oblivious to the driving patterns around you, or you have some passive aggressive hero complex, regardless it's a you problem with a you solution.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Texas drivers may be awful, but OK drivers get angry fast. Between the speed police who think it's their job to make sure no one goes faster than them, soccer moms driving full size SUVs that had to be somewhere 15 min ago, and the brodozers who want to go 100mph and think everyone just cut them off, we have some pretty ragey drivers.
That's a pretty accurate summary of how it is. I might add that the 4th, 5th and 6th drivers in the turn lane when there's only enough green arrow to allow for the first 3 vehicles to turn and 4, 5 and 6 end up sitting in and blocking the intersection because they ran the red light lol. 4, 5 and 6 piss a lot of folks off.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(Stepping up onto my soapbox)
If you find yourself consistently having problems while on the road, you might consider the common denominator; YOU.

If you're always getting tailgated guess what? People constantly in your way, guess what? If you feel like you are the only one on the road driving correctly, guess what....

Either you're the AH road raging, you're oblivious to the driving patterns around you, or you have some passive aggressive hero complex, regardless it's a you problem with a you solution.
You think I'm gonna tell my wife that....then you cray cray.

Latest posts

Top Bottom