Just need your opinion on this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should a licensed bail bonds man should be able to openly carry when casing fugitive

• Yes

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just feel kinda nervous when I'm going after a guy who has anger issues or likes to fight or rob or rape people and I think this would help protect bonds men. But your right they should be required to go through a good weapons class. you know in most cases I call the police when I get where they are and let them handle it but in some cases I can't do that.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True but maybe if they changed the law then they would have to change the training and make them go through a weapons handling class, Maybe same classes as police officers go through.

That's why I mentioned bounty hunters. You, as a Bailbonds man, would become your own bounty hunter.
Texas requires all bounty hunters/skiptracers to be a peace officer, licensed security or a P.I.
If the law were changed to require courses and certification on firearms, then I'd be all for it, but it won't.
It's still a high risk profession in a high risk industry. Going in knowing that the rules aren't changing any time soon, only creates the frustration you are experiencing.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why I mentioned bounty hunters. You, as a Bailbonds man, would become your own bounty hunter.
Texas requires all bounty hunters/skiptracers to be a peace officer, licensed security or a P.I.
If the law were changed to require courses and certification on firearms, then I'd be all for it, but it won't.
It's still a high risk profession in a high risk industry. Going in knowing that the rules aren't changing any time soon, only creates the frustration you are experiencing.

I could not have said it better.:clap3: I've been thinking about getting my cleet cert. But I still think they should let bonds men carry if they a trained PROPERLY. Why don't you think the law would change? Is like an act of God or what.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could not have said it better.:clap3: I've been thinking about getting my cleet cert. But I still think they should let bonds men carry if they a trained PROPERLY. Why don't you think the law would change? Is like an act of god or what.

With our politicians, yes. :D It takes an act of God to decide on what's for lunch for those people, let alone allowing a change like this.

It's funny to me, things we see as simple / commen sense, they look at in exactly the opposite way.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. They are an employee of a private co. whose interest is in recovering their asset(s). They are not Law enforcement, in my opinion, and don't need a gun when pursuing a lost asset.
Bail Bonding is a risk/reward environment.
Now, bounty hunting is another story. If a bounty hunter is a peace officer, licensed security officer or private investigator, then sure.
Perfect answer. :)
My opinon is that too ofen bail bondsman think they are Dog the Bounty hunter.
'Nuther perfect answer!
Also I am responsible for returning the defendant not the bounty hunter, if I hire a bounty hunter then I also have to make sure he is insured and is not an idiot. I have a ccl but that is very limited to when I can use it. And I can't pull it to kick in a door. only if my life is in danger. plus it's alot harder to pull a gun if it's on the inside of your shirt.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you... but as an Officer, I learned that kicking doors in and leveling a gun in somebody's face is a MUCH more dangerous method of apprehending a suspect then to wait for them in public places, where 99% of the time, they are unarmed, and they do not have quick access to any sort of dangerous item that can be used as a weapon. For instance... if they work, find out when he gets off and nab him as he walks to his vehicle. Secondly, everybody goes to Wal Mart once or twice a week... and further more, almost everybody leaves the house at some point or another in the day... just set up on a house for a couple hours and nab them when they come out to get the mail. :)

I guess what I'm trying to say, is no, I don't think you need to open carry when entering somebody else's property and attempt to take them into custody as a civi... there are too many other ways to do it that are much safer than what you have in mind.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

'Nuther perfect answer!

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you... but as an Officer, I learned that kicking doors in and leveling a gun in somebody's face is a MUCH more dangerous method of apprehending a suspect then to wait for them in public places, where 99% of the time, they are unarmed, and they do not have quick access to any sort of dangerous item that can be used as a weapon. For instance... if they work, find out when he gets off and nab him as he walks to his vehicle. Secondly, everybody goes to Wal Mart once or twice a week... and further more, almost everybody leaves the house at some point or another in the day... just set up on a house for a couple hours and nab them when they come out to get the mail. :)

OK your hired next time I have a foreiture I'm callin you. How much do you charge? That's how I catch most of my people. But still it's a high risk job. And you as a police officer do not have to pull your gun everytime you pull someone over or go onto someone property. but it's there when you need it hopefully never but it's there and it's not under your shirt either. It's there as a show of force and discouragement. That's all oh and to protect your life.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

'Nuther perfect answer!

I guess what I'm trying to say, is no, I don't think you need to open carry when entering somebody else's property and attempt to take them into custody as a civi... there are too many other ways to do it that are much safer than what you have in mind.

Oh it's ok don't be sorry I really would like everybodys opinion on this issue. Just to kind of get a feel if I should push the issue at the next OBA meeting.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

'Nuther perfect answer!

Damn your in claremore ok next time I'm up that way I'll PM you I have a brother in law that lives in pryor.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn your in claremore ok next time I'm up that way I'll PM you I have a brother in law that lives in pryor.

Man, I've served so many warrants it would make your head spin. :)

I've been out for about a year, but just interviewed last week, so if you make it up, and I am working, you can come along and harass the motoring public for a little bit. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom