Just saw an E series Blued 1911 at H&H for 777, these any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like most base model lines start out at that price new so I am guessing this is top of the line? Anyone know? Not going to buy it but its there if you want it. Just curious about the model.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about the S&W? Is the newer ones with the larger extractor? If so, then it's a good deal. The older S&Ws 1911s had issues with the smaller extractor grabbing the case rim too high.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you talking about the S&W? Is the newer ones with the larger extractor? If so, then it's a good deal. The older S&Ws 1911s had issues with the smaller extractor grabbing the case rim too high.
I believe its within the last 5 years. Has the fish scale slide serrations front and rear.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good price. I've got the roundbutt Scandium framed Commander and it's great. They do have a bit of a rep for bad plunger tubes (guess what came off mine the other day). The oversize extractor works perfectly. No failures of any kind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom