Just wanted to show off my 16 Gauge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
quite a few boxes of 16gauge shells around here.

I have its twin brother in a 12ga 1926. Amazing what us old guys that are broke might have lying around huh?

Mod 12.jpg

Last edited:

OKCtargetsports

Marksman
Reaction score
Awesome Shotty by the way! If you are looking for some truly world class professionals in terms of getting you a blue job, I highly recommend Precision Bluing ( www.precisionbluing.com ) . They have a variety of finishes to choose from that will suite your taste. I believe they also deal with SmithWesson for some of their OE bluing, but don't quote me on that. Cheers

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was pulling some stuff out of the safe and figured I’d snap a photo of my Winchester Model 12 - 16 gauge. Got it for my 14th birthday a few years back. Looked up serial number and it appears to be a 1925 Year model. She’s in need of a blueing soon if anyone has any recommendations. I think it was “restored” at some point. Someone extended the stock and did a blue job to it but honestly the bluing is half ass. Currently have no ammo for it either. Hard to find up in my neck of the woods. Not for sale. Ever. Sorry. Can’t put a price on gifts from parents. This will end up being passed down to my son eventually.

View attachment 197094

That`s sweet old lead slinger!

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some 16ga ammo but not a 16ga gun....guess I probably ought to make a correction. BTW, anyone know if Remington ever made an 1100 in 16?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Papa had a Model 12 16ga. He had "retired" it, after buying a Browning Sweet 16.First shotgun I ever shot. I used it until 1971, when I "found" a Rem 1100 16ga under the Christmas tree. Dad had a 16ga 870, he traded for, in '59.
I was supposed to get Papa's Model 12, my cousin "borrowed" from Grandma's closet and never returned it.

We kind of like 16ga.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was pulling some stuff out of the safe and figured I’d snap a photo of my Winchester Model 12 - 16 gauge. Got it for my 14th birthday a few years back. Looked up serial number and it appears to be a 1925 Year model. She’s in need of a blueing soon if anyone has any recommendations. I think it was “restored” at some point. Someone extended the stock and did a blue job to it but honestly the bluing is half ass. Currently have no ammo for it either. Hard to find up in my neck of the woods. Not for sale. Ever. Sorry. Can’t put a price on gifts from parents. This will end up being passed down to my son eventually.

View attachment 197094

I wouldn’t change a thing. Choot it and enjoy it. If you ‘restore’ it, The story and it’s history changes once again.

As Mark Novak would say. "Do the maintenance". Keep it alive for future generations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom