Kahr Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the deal with Kahr pistols? I have picked up a couple here the past year ago at really low prices (compared to new). I think they are great little guns for what they are intended for - easy concealment. Just wondered what the thoughts were from others here.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What is the deal with Kahr pistols? I have picked up a couple here the past year ago at really low prices (compared to new). I think they are great little guns for what they are intended for - easy concealment. Just wondered what the thoughts were from others here.

They are really great pistols, but Glock, S&W, Springfield, Beretta etc etc have all come out with similar models and people are name brand loyal with the bigger companies.
And Kahr triggers are quite long compared to everyone else.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think they are fantastic pistols! Now, that being said I don't have any in my current inventory choosing to stay with the first Gen Shield 9mm. But, I do miss the PM/CM 9.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All valid points, especially the slide and having to use the slide release for most reliable feeding. I keep one in the chamber, so no need to rack often.
Good to hear that there does not appear to be any reliability issues with Kahr overall.
...I will continue to carry my these little 9mms.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned several, and currently have a CM9 and CW380. I have never had a bad one. As some have said, age has made slide manipulation a bit tough, but if that's all I can find to complain about, I'm good!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All valid points, especially the slide and having to use the slide release for most reliable feeding. I keep one in the chamber, so no need to rack often.
Good to hear that there does not appear to be any reliability issues with Kahr overall.
...I will continue to carry my these little 9mms.
I have now three Kahr CW-40's. One for each vehicle kept in condition 1. Each totally reliable. Trigger a tad long for target shooting but in a SD situation, you won't notice the difference in it and a precision whamma jamma custom model for most folks.
A couple spare mags in the map pocket of each loaded with Hornady critical defense that I carry in the back pocket when exiting the vehicle.
Easily concealed. What's not to like? :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom