Kahr Covert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had a couple of the Covert models 15 or so years ago, both in 40 and 9. I really liked them, wish I had a 9mm covert now.[/QUOTE

I have a good friend that has a twin to mine. He has owned it about 10 years and won't consider selling. If he would, I would own 2. Mine shoots and carries great!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One that hasn’t been made in a few years and some what hard to find.

1911master; would you please elaborate on the specs/details of this model as related to the other Kahr pistols? What makes this the Covert? What is the difference in this and the regular ones?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, the Covert model had the short grip frame of the PM-9 series, with the longer (around .5-.6 inches) slide and barrel of the P9 series. Sort of like putting a Commander length barrel and slide on the Officer's Model frame, you end up with a longer sight radius, with a short grip frame to aid in concealment. Seems they also had Kahr's Elite trigger.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC, the Covert model had the short grip frame of the PM-9 series, with the longer (around .5-.6 inches) slide and barrel of the P9 series. Sort of like putting a Commander length barrel and slide on the Officer's Model frame, you end up with a longer sight radius, with a short grip frame to aid in concealment. Seems they also had Kahr's Elite trigger.

mightmouse summed it up. I have added night sights and a new recoil spring. Works like every Kahr I have owned. Eats any ammo I feed it and plenty accurate.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Handsome looking pistol.
Never had a problem with my PM9 after break-in....until this year; rounds started nose diving occasionally. A little online research showed that outer recoil springs need to be replaced every two years. Problem solved.