Kahr CW9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with them? Positive or negative?

One time many moons ago, I was at the Two Brothers BBQ in east Wichita, and saw a cop with one. I asked him how he liked it and he said that it was a good pistol. I also note that it is authorized for off-duty and plain clothes carry by NYPD.

Plus, it is very reasonably priced.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have a CM9. It's the slightly smaller brother to the CW9. It's a shooter, I've not had any problems with it. I prefer the Glock 43, and am very excitedly waiting the Sig P365.

I've shot the CM9 well past "self defense" distance - at least double the typical 7yds.

Mine was not purchased new. The biggest downside I can mention is that the slide is *stiff*. Not easily manipulated for malfunction clearing.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had two CW9s at one time. Being fond of DA revolver triggers back then they were great and as mentioned very smooth. I couldn't keep the mag followers from breaking for some reason but even with one ear broken they still ran. Now days I just can't get enthused about anything Kahr. I don't know why, there are far worse options.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PM9 and P380. The PM9 has I dunno how many rounds through it now but it's far past 1k and it just feels like it's loosening up. Never had an issue. I will say that I added Lakeline followers to the mags and it makes all the difference if you slingshot it.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Some one will be a smart A here in a moment. I have just about owned all the Kahr 9mm. Never had a problem with any of them. I do follow the break in recommendations and always remember to use the slide release to drop the slide when loading the pistol. Will they run ball ammo, for sure!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had both and never had any issue with either one. I traded each for something I thought I wanted more, and wish I had kept them. Functioned perfectly with every type of ammo I tried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom