Kahr CW9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned every version of Kahr pistol, minus the 45 models. My favorite was the P9 Covert, P9 slide on a PM9 frame. I have never had issues with any of them. I currently have a CM9 in the classifieds, not because it doesnt perform, but I don't need two of them at this time. They really are good guns.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the CW380 which took about 125 rds. of break in to run a full mag. I have a CM9 that I bought new and it will run anything that I've tried in it so far. It replace the CW380 as my pocket gun.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have also have had very good luck with the CW9. It's been reliable and fairly accurate. That CW9 for $250 is a great deal. If I didn't have one already I'd buy it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My two CW-40's load equally well from slide release to slingshot. It does just as well slowly riding the slide in stealth mode. Have to give it a little bump at the end to go into battery.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have done the same thing with every Kahr I've owned. I will clean it then leave the slide locked back for a few weeks. I've never had an issue with one feeding after doing that. Never had one that I didn't do that with, so can't say they would or would not have had a problem. I never have used the slide lock on them, so I don't know if they will chamber by using it, I've always sling shot the slide. This also worked on the two kimber solo pistols I had.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm going to do some checking on it. It might be a viable option for those days when I need something small but still has a bit of ooomph.

CW45!!?? 6+1 rounds of .45ACP backed up with two spare mags should see you through the day. If not, then you walked into a place you knew better than to go there to begin with! I just purchased one on GunBroker the other day. I've owned several of these in 9MM, but always, like yourself, wanted one with more "UMPH". The one I found was for only 250.00 so I couldn't let that pass, an it came with two spare mags.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/747854589

Icemncmth

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have CW9 and haven't had any issues with it. If you go to the Kahr forum you will find that cleaning one really well when new is a big plus in keeping them shooting. I have bought several Kahrs off of people because they didn't break the gun in and wanted to sell it cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom