Kahr K9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is about the K series Kahrs, but I am really into the P 9 series. Current inventory, TP9, CW9, and PM9. I really dont know which is better since most of time I carry the PM and either one of the other 2.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:coffee2: Life is full of decisions: Which J-frame, Glock or Kahr shall I carry today? (PM9 on hip now in new UBG Striker as I casually reply).

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Salt in the wound Gillman... Salt in the wound... :D

I miss my K9 a lot. Its a good gun, and is probably the most perfect fitting gun ever made for folks with Medium-sized hands. Its not what I would call easy to shoot if you're putting a lot of rounds through it (it is a compact/bordering-on-subcompact-sized gun), but its heavy all-steel frame helps with muzzle-flip and recoil to some degree (its less "poppy" than my XD9sc, and the Glock 26 for sure, but its almost apples/oranges because of the difference in frame width).

It is definitely thin - I'd say it and/or the Walther PPS are probably two of the "thinnest feeling" semi-auto pistols I've had the pleasure to shoot (save the HK P7 - which is really in a class of its own).

Since you have a reference point of owning a Sig P239, here's some comparison pics of a Kahr K9 and a Sig P239SAS (keep in mind, this Kahr isn't like most other K9s - it has had some of OlYeller's TLC applied to it and sadly, I, in a fit of stupidity, sold it to another member on this board - not saying any names or anything :D ):

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0890.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0891.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0892.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0898.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0895.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0897.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0901.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0903.jpg

EZ: Brother...I feel just horrible that you got talked out of your K9 by that dastardly Gillman; let me help ease your pain. Trade me that ugly Sig P239 in the pics above and then you can forget about Gillman screwin' ya outta your K9. Whattya say? I'm here for ya buddy...:rubhands:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EZ: Brother...I feel just horrible that you got talked out of your K9 by that dastardly Gillman; let me help ease your pain. Trade me that ugly Sig P239 in the pics above and then you can forget about Gillman screwin' ya outta your K9. Whattya say? I'm here for ya buddy...:rubhands:

Hahaha - wish I still had that P239 SAS - but actually, it was just too fat for a single-stack 9mm. I ended up selling it back to the guy who sold it to me (it is very nice - don't get me wrong) and buying a Sig P228R (all German).

The funny thing is that I sold this Sig P6 that I had Ol Yeller do a bunch of work to in order to get that P239SAS:

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Marschal_20Grips_IMG_5813.jpg

and yet I sold the Sig P228R because I never carried it - I always went back to the CZ P-01 (which I had before any of the Sigs, and still have today).

Life's little journeys :)

Liv2Dive2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a P9 sine 2001, great little gun, accurate, durable, and Kahr has great customer service...this year I picked up a couple of 8 rnd kahr mags, inserted one into my P9a couple of times and the plastic mag release button broke...called Kahr and told them...they sent me a metal replacement for free for my 10 year old gun...no questions asked...that's awesome customer service.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant say enough about my Kahr K9 elite. Its the one gun tat I will probably never sell cause its so easy to carry. Well that and I got a damn good deal on it. Now that I have 6 mags and a couple good holsters for it, its a dream. Its a fairly accurate gun for its size. Granted you can get other 9mm's that are lighter and just as easy to carry, but they wont shoot like a Kahr!

[Broken External Image]

Biggest thing for me is I like shiny things LMFAO!!!!:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom