Kahr MK9 Elite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I just picked up my first Kahr MK9 Elite 03 from SSP Saturday and shot 200 rounds Winchester FMJ and 50 rounds of Federal 9bp. I am not sure I can every go back to the Polymer framed Kahrs after this. No malfunctions of any type, shoots to point of aim and very little recoil. Any one else carry or shoot the Elites? I did order a set of G10 grips from LakeLine to add some grip.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometime back, I had one for awhile and I agree, it was MUCH nicer than the polymer Kahrs. I tried to like it, I really did, but Kahr's long-as-a-hard-day's-work -trigger and me just do not get along. It was a very well made gun though, I'll give you that.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was probably my Kahr you bought. My shooting experience with it, although limited, was much like your's. You've already put more through it than I did when I had it. Truly a fine piece with no issues. These old hands just had too much trouble safely racking it. I'm not as tough as I used to be. I also had one about 10 years ago that I put many rounds through with nary a hiccup. I replaced this one with a Ruger LCR 9mm; no racking problems.

Whether that was my gun, or not, I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ronny, if it was yours I would swear it had never seen a round down the tube. It was extremely well cared for, so much so I told Tommy it had to be new. I don't think I have ever owned the steel frame Kahr in 9mm, but I guarantee this won't be my last.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a time when a K9 was high on my list. Could never make it happen. Too many other goodies out there. Too late, now.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a black K9 for awhile and it was a very good handgun. Almost bought a MK9 to go with it but tired of it before that happened. I just had SIGs too long to care for anything but a hammer fired gun. That would be my choice if I went the other way now.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I started my subcompact single stack 9mm life with a Kel-Tec PF-9. It was reliable, thin, and light. I find it funny when people mention the trigger pull on a Kahr, because let me tell you, coming from the KT, the Kahr is a dream! I literally (as in truly and honestly) had nightmares about not being able to finish the trigger pull on the KT. And heavy. It had to be at least a 12lb pull. Never measured it though. I moved to the Kahr CM9 and it is better in every possible way EXCEPT it is slightly heavier. It is better to shoot, shorter grip, and has better fit and finish. I now have a Glock 43 also (actually my wife does, I still have the Kahr), and in comparison, I would take the G43 over the CM9, because it shoots easier, the slide is easier to rack, and the trigger travel and reset are significantly shorter. However it also cost more - I have $350 in the Kahr with 4 mags. I have almost $550 in the G43 with 4 mags (2 w/ extensions) and night sights.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned the 43 and Shield 9mm, both fine pistols but I always come back to the Kahrs. This is my first steel frame MK. Had a K40 elite years ago and just never warmed up to the 40 round. Now I won't say the MK Elite is perfect but it comes close. A little heavy but it shoots so well and with the weight I can shoot it fairly fast. For up close and personal it should work great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom