Karma!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also found it funny that he said if he continued to hold on he was worried he would kill himself or hurt the kid. I am not sure that is how the law sees it if you intervene in someone stealing your car and die in the process. I would almost bet the farm that suicide would not be found anywhere on the death certificate.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
But he still doesn't get it.

As he started to speed up, and I knew that if I had not let go, I knew I probably could have killed myself because he was going so fast, I would have started to tumble. And I would have hurt him," the councilman said.

Brown doesn't plan on filing charges against the kids, who he says acted out of desperation, Atlanta's WSB-TV reported.

"This is a generational poverty issue. These kids, it’s 12:30 in the afternoon. Why aren’t they in school? Why aren’t we enforcing systems to ensure that if they are not in school, they’re in recreational centers?" he said.

Atlanta police are investigating.

Brown is under indictment on federal fraud charges related to alleged incidents that occurred in the years prior to him winning the council seat in 2019, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya gotta wonder about the mental capacity of anyone who thinks defunding the police is a good idea...
106175-49d784bef6807223563e66ec189df5d0.jpg

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya gotta wonder about the mental capacity of anyone who thinks defunding the police is a good idea...
106175-49d784bef6807223563e66ec189df5d0.jpg

I don't know, there's a right way and wrong way to everything, but when the money is controlled by the far ends of the spectrum, too much of a good thing might be a good thing. The military town fiscal conservative in me knows how wasteful gov money is spent and better oversight and an audit of funds used/revised budgets are a good idea, the libertarian in me thinks swat and regular pd should still be different departments, and I could totally support additional mental health training for all police to better approach any sort of crazy call. I don't think it has to be one or the other, there's common ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom