Karma!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know, there's a right way and wrong way to everything, but when the money is controlled by the far ends of the spectrum, too much of a good thing might be a good thing. The military town fiscal conservative in me knows how wasteful gov money is spent and better oversight and an audit of funds used/revised budgets are a good idea, the libertarian in me thinks swat and regular pd should still be different departments, and I could totally support additional mental health training for all police to better approach any sort of crazy call. I don't think it has to be one or the other, there's common ground.
But that's reform, not defunding.

Defunding means to withdraw financial support from, as in give them zero funding. And this seems to be the goal of the majority of those demanding it.

I stand by my statement.
:drunk2:

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, Kansas City's mayor and city council just passed the ordinance to take $42 million from the KCPD's $240 million budget. I don't care what you label it, it's still a stupid thing to do to a city with already high crime rates. The mayor says he's "shifting it to community services and prevention." Sounds a lot like South Side Chicago Community Organizing to me. And that is working so well, right?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brown doesn't plan on filing charges against the kids, who he says acted out of desperation,
. All thieves act out of desperation, they are desperate to take your wallet, steal and hurt you. Desperation covers a lot of areas, even us, we are desperate to keep our jobs because we have taxes and bills to be paid. So as Herman Cain said, "that dog don't hunt." I sure miss him.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But that's reform, not defunding.

Defunding means to withdraw financial support from, as in give them zero funding. And this seems to be the goal of the majority of those demanding it.

I stand by my statement.
:drunk2:

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I think we put too much into semantics. I just see a commonality with both ways of saying what the words mean to myself.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. All thieves act out of desperation, they are desperate to take your wallet, steal and hurt you. Desperation covers a lot of areas, even us, we are desperate to keep our jobs because we have taxes and bills to be paid. So as Herman Cain said, "that dog don't hunt." I sure miss him.
I miss Herman Cain's wit, humor, common sense and telling it like it is.........I can't believe that he's gone...we could sure use him now...!!!

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also found it funny that he said if he continued to hold on he was worried he would kill himself or hurt the kid. I am not sure that is how the law sees it if you intervene in someone stealing your car and die in the process. I would almost bet the farm that suicide would not be found anywhere on the death certificate.

I bet he didn't give 2 sheet about the kid. He said that because is the right political thing to say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom