Keep an eye on whats going on in Virginia.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This would be a good situation for the SCOTUS to flush down the toilet. It needs to be done BEFORE anyone is confronted with armed minions attempting to confiscate arms. Every gun owner in Virginia already has standing due to the immanent threat to their safety and constitutionally protected Right to Keep and Bear Arms - not to mention the threat to the security of their state and the Union by making them incapable of fulfilling their duty to stand with their arms in defense of their state, nation, family, and self.

I cannot abide these people who pass such laws, including those who enforce such laws and allow such laws to stand. They are not my countrymen. They don't abide the Constitution.

Woody
Well said.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The National Guard is subject to Article I, section 8 of the Constitution, "To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions." The National Guard is under state control until called into federal service, and is authorized to enforce the laws upon the request of a governor.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
High population centers in Northern VA and Southeast VA that vote consistently Dim. The rest of the state is subject to their crap.
DC-area folks... just the same as Illinois and the tail wagging the dog from Chicago.

And this is what you’d get without the Electoral College.

Flyover country would be completely at the mercy of the coasts. That is a situation where I would say, let's just disband the whole thing and start over - let those parasites who make their living off the Federal system living in DC and Virginia starve.

The National Guard is subject to Article I, section 8 of the Constitution, "To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions." The National Guard is under state control until called into federal service, and is authorized to enforce the laws upon the request of a governor.

Aren't they ultimately subject to the control of the Commander In Chief? I know the overall military is, and the President could issue a blanket order not to obey those types of orders (confiscation), etc., which would put anyone doing so in danger of courtmartial and possibly more, no?

<edit> Of course, this sword cuts the other way, too, when the opposing party ends up in the White House, which we know will happen at some point.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DC-area folks... just the same as Illinois and the tail wagging the dog from Chicago.

Flyover country would be completely at the mercy of the coasts. That is a situation where I would say, let's just disband the whole thing and start over - let those parasites who make their living off the Federal system living in DC and Virginia starve.

Aren't they ultimately subject to the control of the Commander In Chief? I know the overall military is, and the President could issue a blanket order not to obey those types of orders (confiscation), etc., which would put anyone doing so in danger of courtmartial and possibly more, no?

<edit> Of course, this sword cuts the other way, too, when the opposing party ends up in the White House, which we know will happen at some point.

Just another reason it’s so critical to get Trump re-elected. RBG won’t last another 4 years and with Amy Coney-Barrett replacing her, we’ll swing the court solidly in our favor. That will be the time to blitzkrieg the courts with 2A cases they can’t ignore. When you have governors threatening to mobilize the NG against sheriffs and citizens to enforce unconstitutional laws, that is a relevant case for SCOTUS to take up. They can’t ignore it forever.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue with using the NG is how many of them are actually not the inner city people who voted the dems into power. Even if they are ordered to do something it is highly probable that the person being ordered is a person who supports the 2A first and will pretty much inform those people they can shove it. Even if the state legislature or governor issues an order it can likely be rescinded by someone in the army higher up or the POTUS.

I am guessing that if they do attempt to mobilize the NG against the sheriff's or citizens it will be the start of the next civil war and potentially a world war as our economy will tank and it is a large driver of the global economy in general. They had better start to tread lightly.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue with using the NG is how many of them are actually not the inner city people who voted the dems into power. Even if they are ordered to do something it is highly probable that the person being ordered is a person who supports the 2A first and will pretty much inform those people they can shove it. Even if the state legislature or governor issues an order it can likely be rescinded by someone in the army higher up or the POTUS.

I am guessing that if they do attempt to mobilize the NG against the sheriff's or citizens it will be the start of the next civil war and potentially a world war as our economy will tank and it is a large driver of the global economy in general. They had better start to tread lightly.

So here's an interesting scenario...

- Democratic anti-2A politicians order the NG to start rounding up guns.
- Many NG units and/or commanders disagree but do not want to be courtmartialed or summarily executed for failure to obey/comply with what they perceive as an unConstitutional order.
- Said units spend their time "attempting" to go door to door or to find people holding out firearms, ultimately with little to no success. Apparently, "We just can't find any, sir." <wink,wink><nudge,nudge>
- Politicians then decide to appoint civilian .gov inspectors or overseers to accompany military units on these confiscation missions to report back what is going on and the rebirth of the "political officer" so popularized in literature and art from the Communist revolution and Stalin's regime is here.

I can certainly see where something like this could happen.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's expand on the world war scenario. Who would be our allies? Britain? France? Japan? Germany? It sure as hell wouldn't be Russia China, or any Arab countries. Nor would we want any of these as allies. Rather go it alone than trust any of them.

Would the U.S. bring home troops from abroad to fight?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's expand on the world war scenario. Who would be our allies? Britain? France? Japan? Germany? It sure as hell wouldn't be Russia China, or any Arab countries. Nor would we want any of these as allies. Rather go it alone than trust any of them.

Would the U.S. bring home troops from abroad to fight?
I'd be a bit concerned that some country (or countries) might take advantage of the turmoil and try to seize outlying US states and/or territories.

"Ally" is a rather subjective word these days. Especially when their interests are at risk. :/

Latest posts

Top Bottom