Keep an eye on whats going on in Virginia.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. Obama purged many General officers during his reign of terror that didn't agree with his liberal philosophy.
NG troops are not constitutional purist that have been put on by some in this thread. Most don't' even remember taking the oath and they are into it for the education and monthly paycheck.
Kent State in the 70's comes to mind when NG troops opened up with live fire on protesting students,killing some.
As posted in the past, we have had Army Reserve troops on our range for live fire qualification. Some of the new one's have issues figuring out which part of the magazine goes into an AR and which part goes forward. Goes to show what the training level has gone to.

There is also the "Bonus Army" Demonstrations/Riot. General Douglas McArthur ordered an attack on the Bonus Army (Men from WW1 that were promised cash payments and never received **** until they said F*** YOU and marched on Washington)

The Regular Cavalry unit was lead by non other than General Patton (at that time a Major). While in his Memoirs, he stated how much he detested the whole affair, he non the less carried out his orders and charged the demonstrators with sabers drawn. There was also a Company of tanks and 3 Companies of Regular Infantry.

So much for Posse Comitatus....

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, and it would be nice if the government never broke the law. It would be nice if the military never broke the law.

Posse Comitatus has been violated before and betting wiil be again

That is entirely believable. Knowing their lack of reverence for the Constitution ... But, I'm betting they'll opt for abiding posse comitatus as opposed to facing bullets, lynch mobs, IEDs, and any and all forms of resistance free men can devise.

Woody

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is entirely believable. Knowing their lack of reverence for the Constitution ... But, I'm betting they'll opt for abiding posse comitatus as opposed to facing bullets, lynch mobs, IEDs, and any and all forms of resistance free men can devise.

Woody
I wish I could agree with ya, but its just regular people in the Military. Fact is, most people dont sign up for patriotic reasons anymore. They are looking to get training, money for college or get out of their ghetto/home town.

Like I said before, I have heard too many officers voice their unfavorable options of the 2A to have a warm and fuzzy about it. These were Infantry officers by the way, with ranks ranging from dumb-assed 2nd Lt's to Major Generals.

The fact is, no one knows how things will unfold

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is also the "Bonus Army" Demonstrations/Riot. General Douglas McArthur ordered an attack on the Bonus Army (Men from WW1 that were promised cash payments and never received **** until they said F*** YOU and marched on Washington)

The Regular Cavalry unit was lead by non other than General Patton (at that time a Major). While in his Memoirs, he stated how much he detested the whole affair, he non the less carried out his orders and charged the demonstrators with sabers drawn. There was also a Company of tanks and 3 Companies of Regular Infantry.

So much for Posse Comitatus....

While this is true, it was only one small group of desperate and destitute vets and their families - unarmed as well. If it comes to pass, that won't be the case this time. This time it will be for the preservation of freedom from servitude, despotism, tyranny, dictatorial rule - any one or all. Oh yeah, and they will face a well armed citizenry that vastly outnumbers law enforcement and the military, too. I would not want to be in the ranks or in command of those on the wrong side of the Constitution.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could agree with ya, but its just regular people in the Military. Fact is, most people dont sign up for patriotic reasons anymore. They are looking to get training, money for college or get out of their ghetto/home town.

Like I said before, I have heard too many officers voice their unfavorable options of the 2A to have a warm and fuzzy about it. These were Infantry officers by the way, with ranks ranging from dumb-assed 2nd Lt's to Major Generals.

The fact is, no one knows how things will unfold

Unfold they will, though. I won't put money on which ever way the military will bend, but I will stake my life on whatever it takes to preserve freedom.

Woody

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While this is true, it was only one small group of desperate and destitute vets and their families - unarmed as well. If it comes to pass, that won't be the case this time. This time it will be for the preservation of freedom from servitude, despotism, tyranny, dictatorial rule - any one or all. Oh yeah, and they will face a well armed citizenry that vastly outnumbers law enforcement and the military, too. I would not want to be in the ranks or in command of those on the wrong side of the Constitution.

Woody
Again wish I could agree with you....

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again wish I could agree with you....

I'm not trying to convince you. I don't consider this a debate, either. It's just apples and oranges in the same basket.

Woody.

(I hope everyone takes note of how civil this conversation has been!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom