Kel-Tec PMR-30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you actually have them in stock? Your Davidsons page says "allocated".

Davidson's is not my only distributor. I have alot of weapons that are not listed on the Davidson's site like the Colt 1911's that I have in stock. And I have several different ones.

I orginally got a shipment of them and sold them to the people that came into my show room and put their names on my waiing list. Kept 1 for myself to show people what they looked like. Then I got another shipment, they went the next people on my waiting list. My distributor wants to keep me happy because I purchase a lot of weapons from him. I like every one else that gets them, can not count on when they will arrive.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Davidson's is not my only distributor. I have alot of weapons that are not listed on the Davidson's site like the Colt 1911's that I have in stock. And I have several different ones.

I orginally got a shipment of them and sold them to the people that came into my show room and put their names on my waiing list. Kept 1 for myself to show people what they looked like. Then I got another shipment, they went the next people on my waiting list. My distributor wants to keep me happy because I purchase a lot of weapons from him. I like every one else that gets them, can not count on when they will arrive.

grrrr... i'm jeallous!!!

Reaction score
Meant to post this a couple weeks back. I just have to bring this up again, at how awesome this little pistol is. I know it's rubbing salt it the wounds, since they're not available, and I got super lucky to get one - but please - do do get one when you can. :)

It's unbelievably lightweight. It's very very accurate. It has a GREAT (not good) trigger - careful, it's light and short. The sights are on out of the box, so it's accurate out of the box. It has essentiallly no recoil. It's dead reliable, as long as you don't limp wrist it. The mag really does hold 30 rounds, not 29. It's cheap to buy AND to feed.

It's just cooler than all holy hell. Be sure to go watch the youtube vids of the full-auto subgun versions of these, with the pistol barrel, but full buttstock (which we cannot get of course), emptying 30 rounds in 1.5 seconds flawlessly.

As I predicted before, I will reiterate now - once they get production up and running, they will sell veritable assloads of these - I predict around twice the sales of the hotcake-like Taurus Judge variants, even - if not more.

Fun range gun. Perfect lightweight backpacking gun. Decent home defense gun for the recoil-shy. Good hunting sidearm for squirrels etc., and for large game coup-de-grace's. There's just many uses for it. Good stuff, Maynard.

OK, carry on. This will get you started:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pmr-30&aq=f

Plug: The only trigger on a handgun I have as good as this PMR-30 is my Weihrauch HW40PCA (Beeman P3), which is for sale as you can see by clicking on my for sale link in my sig line. :P

P.S. If you want to hit the TriCity range in Norman with me to shoot it - or H&H if you must, hollar at me. You must be an NRA or GOA member of course.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you are rubbing salt in my wound, thank you, Ive been trying to get one from the beginning without buying one from gunbroker (big bucks) im on 6 waiting list for one, cant wait to shoot one, I love kel-tecs products anyways.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really love the idea of this gun, and would love to handle and shoot one. I was kind of bummed by the handful of OEM fixes that have been introduced into each lot, but at least they all come out functional.

Cadesdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is just stupid how Kel-tech operates. They had issues at first (understandable), then they couldn't mass produce (not so understandable), then as they did go to full production they shut their entire freaking plant down for 2 weeks (unbelievably stupid), now they claim full production (not sure that's the truth).
For being so inventive and clever on gun designs, they sure lack business skills.

I have written them several emails and I encourage you all to do the same. They need to think about it for future releases. They do have several new cool guns out, if you haven't seen them, check the website.

I hope to get mine soon!

For those that just love 22mag, I did recently stumble on to a 10/22 mag and I love it!

Reaction score
Well, they've ALWAYS done this. Whether it's poor business or not; I'm not sure - probably is. But on the upside - they don't like overextending their overhead on tooling until they KNOW something is going to sell well - that's a smart idea, to not get overextended on costs. Also, this unavailability arguably leads to added hype/anticipation, ultimately selling a lot - there's a sweet spot in there somewhere when interest is maxed out, between unavailablity/hype and availability. Whether they miss the sweet spot by waiting too long and miss sales as a result is arguable. But you gotta hand it to them for beta testing a lot to not let dogs out.

They do have a lot of innovative products. I just hope they go back to the drawing board on the new shotgun, so that the trigger can actually reset if you accidentally pump it before letting the trigger up.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks neat. I think at SHOT 2010 they said that they were working on a .22LR version of it. If that one ever makes it to production and turns out to be reliable I'll definitely pick it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom