Kel-Tec PMR-30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Despite the limitations of .22 Mag as a fighting round, the idea of a 30-round handgun that weighs under 20 oz loaded, and costs around $300, is pretty amazing. Closest equivalent would be the 20-shot FN Five Seven, which shoots a more powerful .22 round but is drastically more expensive.

These Kel-Tecs, if they work, will sell like crazy. Do not be surprised if they are used as sound bite fodder by politicians pushing new gun bans.

I think, for what it is, it looks pretty awesome. I don't have any interest in it as a self-defense gun, my wife can shoot 9mm and .357 as well as I can, I just think it looks like a whole lot of fun.

smTm8q

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neat! I want one, especially for the price. Bet this turd is light huh, make a good everywhere gun. I love cheap guns, because I love to abuse them and they still work. Can't wait to give this one some QC and testing!

Reaction score
Two issues on this pistol:

--Do you think it will run? It's not easy to make a rimmed cartridge feed from a magazine, particularly one that is not curved. Some people think that if it was possible to make it run, Grendel would have done it a long time ago, the first time they tried, or otherwise someone would have done it by now. What odds do you give them to have it run flawlessly? I think that it will; just because otherwise it could ruin KT's reputation - I don't think they'd put it out if it didn't work. Of course, they haven't *YET* actually put it out on the street.

--Second, my prediction is that *IF* this pistol does run like a top, it will be enormously popular, on a par with the incredible popularity of the Taurus Judge series, which is the biggest hit in a new handgun in a long long time (for better or worse). It will sell hundreds of thousands if not millions - IF it runs.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two issues on this pistol:

--Do you think it will run? It's not easy to make a rimmed cartridge feed from a magazine, particularly one that is not curved. Some people think that if it was possible to make it run, Grendel would have done it a long time ago, the first time they tried, or otherwise someone would have done it by now. What odds do you give them to have it run flawlessly? I think that it will; just because otherwise it could ruin KT's reputation - I don't think they'd put it out if it didn't work. Of course, they haven't *YET* actually put it out on the street.

--Second, my prediction is that *IF* this pistol does run like a top, it will be enormously popular, on a par with the incredible popularity of the Taurus Judge series, which is the biggest hit in a new handgun in a long long time (for better or worse). It will sell hundreds of thousands if not millions - IF it runs.

The grendel is the predecessor to the PMR30... designed by the same guy... I'm hoping they get it down, it would be a sweet little pistol.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you look around on KTOG there have been prototypes run, apparently even a full-auto version. Don't remember if they had issues with reliability or not.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this would be a cool piece. Even cooler if the stock was set up as a folder, where the pistol would fold into the stock and then the stock had an attachment that would allow it to clip onto a belt attachment that made it a detachable holster/stock. Even in semi-auto, that might be worth a tax stamp.

awww.gunblast.com_images_KelTec_PMR30_Thumbs_DSC09906.jpg

I'd be more interested if it was available in .22lr with a threaded barrel. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom