Kel-Tec PMR-30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently it runs great. From all I've heard. Kel tec even built the full auto machine pistol version just to show how well it runs. They have said the full auto one with the stock will not go into production but was simply designed to show the flawless performance.

I imagine when it's clean it will run flawlessly. But since 22mag is so slow burning there's no telling what it will do as it gets dirtier with continued shooting.

What I can't understand is why they didn't just make it 5.7x28. I mean I guess 22mag is kinda his thing what with the Grendel history and all but 5.7 has majorly better terminals.

I still haven't decided if I will get one yet. I love the capacity but it's not small and at the guns size you could get a faiy high cap 9mm.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I can't understand is why they didn't just make it 5.7x28. I mean I guess 22mag is kinda his thing what with the Grendel history and all but 5.7 has majorly better terminals.

It probably has to do with the fact that you can buy .22mag anywhere and .22mag is not terribly high on the "ZOMG!!11!@# COP KILLER BULLETS LET'S BAN THEM!!11!" list. Just a thought.

Ek ;)

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a LOT of fun. I never thought I would own a .22 Mag, but I might have to reconsider. Hopefully the trigger is better than their other pistols.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It probably has to do with the fact that you can buy .22mag anywhere and .22mag is not terribly high on the "ZOMG!!11!@# COP KILLER BULLETS LET'S BAN THEM!!11!" list. Just a thought.

Ek ;)

I can see that. But in a defensive gun I would rather have 5.7, there are 50 boxes of the stuff at bass pro that nobody buys, and you can order online if that's to far to drive. If it was for plinking, then it should be in 22LR, mag is even more expensive than the bargain 9mm at sports world and so isn't the best choice for plinking.

I guess I could see a niche market in pistol hunters of small varmints but then again, at pistol ranges 22lr will do that job, maybe good for Boar or cayote or the like, but that's a smaller market.

If nothing else I hop they release a 22lr version. I love the look of the pistol.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one. Cindy at C&J in Bethany said there were currently just a few available, but she could get one for $340, $345.. Something like that. I love C&J.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one. Cindy at C&J in Bethany said there were currently just a few available, but she could get one for $340, $345.. Something like that. I love C&J.

Plus tax =)

If they dont change the price...LOL, AND maybe SOMEDAY get some in..

Mine will go for 345.00 OUT THE DOOR....

But I live in Broken Arrow... =(

gosh dern it...!

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine ran flawlessly thru two full magazines.
Trigger was awesome. WAY WAY better than the other kel-tecs I've got.
Accuracy was right on the money. The gun is more accurate than I am.
Recoil was light, report was loud! It sailed the spent cartridges clear over my head to the rear. The sight window with the fiber optic sights is delightful.
I paid $399.00.

I'm looking at possibly putting a holo sight on it, like the full auto version shown in the picture. I don't think the stock extension is or will be available.

I also know where my cool green laser is going to live now.

Gotta get ya one!

Latest posts

Top Bottom