Kelly Ogle out at News 9 ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But without him on air, I’m out of people I can claim I have better hair than them. (I’m bald). Life sucks, then you die.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Master degree in what, smiling while reading from a teleprompter? I just thought you needed to be a narcist and able to lie with a straight face. :cool:
Damon Lane is Chief Meteorologist for KOCO 5 First Alert Weather. Lane is the only Chief Meteorologist in Oklahoma City who holds a degree in Atmospheric Sciences/Meteorology.

Damon Lane is Chief Meteorologist for KOCO 5 First Alert Weather.

Lane is the only Chief Meteorologist in Oklahoma City who holds a degree in Atmospheric Sciences/Meteorology. He is also the only Chief Meteorologist in Oklahoma City to hold the CBM seal of approval from The American Meteorological Society, the highest level certification from the nation’s top association for broadcast meteorologists. Lane and the KOCO 5 First Alert Weather team are independently certified as delivering the most accurate forecast in Oklahoma City by WeatheRate, an independent scientific organization that measures accuracy in weather forecasts across the country.

Lane has served as a guest meteorologist for ABC’s Good Morning America and is a frequently featured speaker at weather conferences around the country, where he shares his experience forecasting one of the nation’s most active weather regions.

In 2016, Lane was featured in the nationally televised ABC 20/20 primetime special “In An Instant” about the 2013 tornado outbreak that impacted Moore, Oklahoma. He shared his personal experiences covering the 2013 tornado outbreak that impacted his home town of Moore. The massive tornado struck his own neighborhood as he covered it live on-air. His wife rode out the storm in their shelter with the family dogs while many nearby homes were damaged or destroyed. Lane has been active in community recovery efforts ever since. Lane’s coverage of the Tornado Outbreak was nominated for an Emmy award.

Ok, maybe he doesn't have a Masters but he has credentials. (But I did hear that) And Mike Morgan exhibited a little jealousy...

Mike Morgan calls out Damon Lane for premature tornado ...

Previously, Lane served as Chief Meteorologist at KTXS-TV in Abilene, TX, forecasting severe weather on the southern edge of “Tornado Alley.” While there, he was named “Abilene’s Favorite Meteorologist” three years in a row.

Lane was born and raised in Northern Virginia and was drawn to science and weather from a young age. Lane earned two bachelor degrees in college. After graduating in less than four years in Communications/Mass Media from Old Dominion University, Lane earned his Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Sciences/Meteorology from The University of North Carolina, Asheville.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i hardly ever watch 4-5or 9 anymore but I remember channel 5 used to be the worst weather channel, you could flip channels 4 & 9 would say about the same thing channel 5 would have something way different and usually way wrong

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Channel 6 in Tulsa is the most accurate weather in Tulsa in my opinion. It’s family owned so I watch the local news and avoiding CBS fake news. My V is used more for Bluetooth videos, waste of my life.😚

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It drives me crazy the way Damon Lanes puts his whole face in the camera. He takes a couple steps back and then right back up to full face in the camera. Nobody else does that. More Lacey Swoop please.😍 I don't care if she is preggers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom