Kelly Ogle out at News 9 ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It drives me crazy the way Damon Lanes puts his whole face in the camera. He takes a couple steps back and then right back up to full face in the camera. Nobody else does that. More Lacey Swoop please.šŸ˜ I don't care if she is preggers.
Iā€™d assume that is the camera people and/or the producers, etc.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a channel 9 guy for a while, but lately you can count on seeing COVID and OU football for the main stories, then the latest house fire, shooting, or car accident, and that's about it.
And Thunder sports, which I don't give a rat's rear about.
I'm avoiding local news now.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It drives me crazy the way Damon Lanes puts his whole face in the camera. He takes a couple steps back and then right back up to full face in the camera. Nobody else does that. More Lacey Swoop please.šŸ˜ I don't care if she is preggers.
Yeah, I like Lacey. She isn't afraid of guns either.

The Lost Ogle is one toxic crappy website.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Channel 6 in Tulsa is the most accurate weather in Tulsa in my opinion. Itā€™s family owned so I watch the local news and avoiding CBS fake news. My V is used more for Bluetooth videos, waste of my life.šŸ˜š
6 in tulsa and 9 in okc are owned by the same family. they also own 52 and maybe a few other over the air channels.

Kenneth Braud

Marksman
Reaction score
Between David Payne and the cackling morning news crew and the "I am better than you" opinionated evening crews, I quit 9. Unfortunately they're the only 'locally owned' station and I really don't like doing that. 25,4, and 5 have better newscasters and weather.
In the AM, I'll start with 4 and after 30 minutes switch to 25. They have more local news and cover more goings on around OKC and the state. Danielle is chipper and as good at weather as any, Malcolm is a continuous self deprecating local comic and covers the local fare exceptionally well, and the newscasters, albeit reciting the national pablum, do a very good coverage of what involves us locally.
I'll switch to 5 off and on during the morning for the same level of local coverage...
To Boot, we now have an Ogle on every station in the city, so if you're missing your Ogle fix, you can see one on any channel you choose.
National news I gather from numerous multi-sided sources on line. Run the gamut...

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This from the update...

Earlier today, we reported that legendary OKC newsman Kelly Ogle was out at News 9 after 20+ years on the job.

Since I hit the publish button, more details are becoming clear and we have a correction/clarification to provide.

As opposed to being dumped, which we originally reported, it looks like Kelly is simply being put out to pasture. His final broadcast from the anchor desk will be tomorrow night at 10pm. After that, he will hang around the station filing the occasional "special report" while Karl Torp takes control of anchor duties each night at 5pm, 6pm and 10pm.

Basically, it looks like News 9 is doing to Kelly Ogle what they did to Gary England nine (!) years ago.

We know all this thanks to News 9. In response to our report, they were forced to set the record semi-strait and rush out the following "organization update" to staff.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2022/01...about-kelly-ogles-departure-from-anchor-desk/

Latest posts

Top Bottom