Keltec P11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a slim light weight double stack 9mm for carry. Already have a G26....need slimmer and lighter. Is this gun (Keltec) worth messing with? Would love to hear from those who own one.

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is an older one so they might have been improved over the years but I give it a solid meh. Its ok. One of the worst triggers I've ever pulled. Otherwise its ok.Not good. Not bad.
Shields are going for a song these days and I love mine. Its not a doublestack but also not a true single stack. Its definitely slimmer than the P11.
The LC9S is also good. Has a great trigger. The S version not the one that is basically a P11 knock off. I like the Shield a lot better though.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If budget is a big consideration, I'd actually recommend the PF-9. One of the slimmest lightest 9mms on the market. And so long as you prove yours works, reliable. Mine didn't have any issues. My grandpa's has an issue with light strikes.

If you can afford it (and with the current rebates, probably so) the Shield is a step up in every way. There is also the Kahr CM9 that is very small, and can be found for reasonable prices.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a SCCY for a short minute....but i'll be honest, it shot better than I had expected...I acquired it in a trade package. I just didn't like the size of it as far a "pocket" pistol

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If budget is a big consideration, I'd actually recommend the PF-9. One of the slimmest lightest 9mms on the market. And so long as you prove yours works, reliable. Mine didn't have any issues. My grandpa's has an issue with light strikes.

If you can afford it (and with the current rebates, probably so) the Shield is a step up in every way. There is also the Kahr CM9 that is very small, and can be found for reasonable prices.

Really wanting a double stack. Been carrying an airweight J for years so spoiled on weight. Just want some capacity . I understand that there's nothing to compare with P11 size in a double stack?

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for meh. Supposedly you can clean up the horrendous double action only trigger pull, but I never got it anywhere near what I liked. It makes a great tacklebox gun.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sccy and keltec both = ****** guns with shittier triggers

If ****** means budget friendly and definitely worth the money then I agree with you as far as the SCCY goes. I actually liked the trigger on the one I had. It's a hammer fired, DAO pistol, so the trigger feels like a hammer fired DAO pistol. Aaaaannnnd......it's a double stack like the OP is looking for.

I'm not saying they're the best thing out there, but they don't suck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom