Keltec PF9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking of adding a Keltec PF9 as a tackle box gun to take when I hit the ponds this spring. Give me your opinions.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aside from crappy triggers and not much in the spare parts department, they are decent weapons. It wouldn’t be my first choice, but not my last either. I’ve never pushed it past 7 yards for accuracy, but it wasn’t too bad.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They work, but for me they're pretty uncomfortable to shoot. I think it's the shape of the grip. I prefer the P11 or the SCCY in the "tackle box" price range.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PF-9 actually has a decent double-action trigger, due to the half-cock design of the hammer action.

The bad news, is that you can't pull the trigger twice on a misfire... you must pull the slide back far enough to "half-cock" it again.

The other bad news, is that the grip is narrow and it kicks like an angry mule. :D

The SCCY is much more comfortable to shoot, and holds more rounds. And the size difference isn't all that much.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious why you don’t spend a just a few bucks more and get a Glock 43 or a Shield or an XDs or a Kahr and erase the questions you have about “will it work if I need it?” Are you just wanting a really cheap pistol a step up from a Lorcin or Jimenez or the like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious why you don’t spend a just a few bucks more and get a Glock 43 or a Shield or an XDs and erase the questions you have about “Will it work if I need it?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Budget I'd suppose, or maybe it needs to double for a boat anchor.. A shield would be within budget, Walther, Ruger, maybe the new Mossberg..

Silverbullit

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the PF9 and the SCCY. For what you want I would go with the SCCY. The Ruger ec9 is tempting at around $220. I also have the Taurus PT111 (now G2C) and it is my favorite to shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom