KELTEX SUB2000 9MM FRONT SIGHT UPGRADE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade the sight picture on my newly acquired Keltec Sub2000 9mm pistol caliber carbine. As is it's a pretty fair sight picture but I have a bit of trouble with black sight post on black or very dark backgrounds. I tried painting the post with some orange colored paint and it's not bad but it could be better. I was told that an AR15/M16 front sight post will interchange with the one on the Sub2000 as they are exactly the same. I have a Truglo tritium dot AR15 front sight if I can locate it. Does anyone know how you remove the Sub2000 sight post and replace it with another one?

Attachments

• IMG_20221024_202520846~2.jpg
    IMG_20221024_202520846~2.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 44

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should be just like removing an A2 front sight post, the east way would be to get an a2 front sight wrench and just screw it out. I always just pushed the detent in with a round I stripped out of the mag and turned it that way.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
O
Should be just like removing an A2 front sight post, the east way would be to get an a2 front sight wrench and just screw it out. I always just pushed the detent in with a round I stripped out of the mag and turned it that way.
Okay yeah I've got a front sight tool laying around some where.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I've found the sights are to low for me.
Mine is the MCARBO M series and it has the MCARBO metal replacement rear sight. It is taller than the Keltec factory original polymer sight and the aperture is bigger. Much more comfortable when aligning the front and rear sight plus the larger aperture allows you to acquire the sight picture much faster.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to check them out it's a cool little rifle.
It is just that....a cool little rifle. Not sure how else to categorize it as far as it's exact purpose. Oh don't get me wrong it is suitable for self defense, target shooting, backpacker/trail gun (so long as you don't live in bear or wild hog country) and maybe a few other things that I can't come up with right now. Cool little rifle just seems to sum it up.