Kemit Grafton - NRA Range Safety Officer - Mcloud, OK -31July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadhall Range

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NRA Range Safety Officer – Saturday July 31

This eight-hour course provides the National Rifle Association (NRA) basic Range Safety Officer training. This course teaches the basic duties that a Range Safety Officer performs. It provides a thorough introduction to: the role of Range Safety Offices (RSO); range Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); range safety briefing; range inspections and rules; emergency procedure; and how to clear firearm stoppages and correct malfunctions. NRA certified Chief Range Safety Officers (CRSO) provide this training.

The training uses the methodology of Total Participant Involvement (TPI), which minimizes the use of lectures and stresses active training and learning by doing. Instructors will guide participants to develop specific knowledge skills, and attitudes though the use of hands-on exercises and practical applications.

The successful completion of this course is achieved when the participant has completed all practical tasks and exercises to the satisfaction of the instructor(s) and a score of 90% or higher on a multiple-choice exam.

This is a classroom course, tuition includes the NRA RSO materials and range fee. Bring notetaking materials. Plan to bring your own lunch and drinks, as time will not permit leaving the class for a lunch break.

No Live Ammunition is allowed in classroom during course.

This Course is limited to 12 students. Cost is $95 with a $25 deposit. Pre-Registration is required.

https://www.nrainstructors.org/Cour...&zip=73034&radius=50.1&id=5&bsa=&youth=&women=

Instructor Information

Kemit Grafton

Phone: 405-317-9517

Email: [email protected]

Meadhall Range

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not currently Hangfire. That is a cert I need to get myself. I know a TC out here in OKC, might have to see if I can get him to do that class. He is a stickler but at least you know with him you are getting the class you are supposed to get. Would just need to be enough interest.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Fyrtwuck to be honest till you and one other person mentioned the position opening up to me it hadn't even crossed my mind.

If ( very doubtful ) I do throw my name in the hat I'll probably need a good campaign manager.........wanna volunteer ? :)

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Fyrtwuck to be honest till you and one other person mentioned the position opening up to me it hadn't even crossed my mind.

If ( very doubtful ) I do throw my name in the hat I'll probably need a good campaign manager.........wanna volunteer ? :)

I have enough trouble managing myself. I was thinking about it when Vanbebber stepped down because of health. Ken took over and ruffled some feathers, especially with the IPSC shooters. In reflection, I don’t think I have the people skills to handle the position. I know there are several who are CRSO rated, but I have no idea if any of them are interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom