Ken, from Armslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound legit. You have no requirement to ask for proof of anything. Most private sellers wouldn’t have asked. His answering that he was a ok resident would have held up and wouldn’t have been a crime even if the gun was sold to him
ive not heard of any other reports of this kind of federal “policing”

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For someone doing their job?

It doesn't make sense though. Like Gunbuffer pointed out, you don't have to see proof of Oklahoma residency to sell them a gun.

You're right. I shouldn't have said that, cop was just doing his job.

You don't have to have proof, but if you knowingly transfer a firearm - which this would have been the case - it's a big no-no.

And the cop should get full-blown AIDS, not cancer. "doing his job" - trying to ensnare someone - no victim.....good grief.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I brought a Glock 19 with me for sale/trade at the big show and a guy offered my asking without any haggling. When I asked for proof he was an Okie he showed me an AZ DL. He said we was a resident but hadn't got a new DL yet. I politely told him I was sorry we couldn't legally make the deal. He then showed me his badge and said "smart choice". I didn't violate any rules but I could've puked for about an hour after that.

What if I'd just been some Joe Blow trying to make rent or something and not known that wasn't okay?

After that it'll be a cold day in hell before I do a deal/trade without at least seeing you have an OK DL or CCW. I don't need/want anyone's personal info just the visual proof.
Entrapment is a complete defense to a criminal charge, on the theory that "Government agents may not originate a criminal design, implant in an innocent person's mind the disposition to commit a criminal act, and then induce commission of the crime so that the Government may prosecute." Jacobson v. United States, 503 U.S. 540, 548 (1992). A valid entrapment defense has two related elements: (1) government inducement of the crime, and (2) the defendant's lack of predisposition to engage in the criminal conduct. Mathews v. United States, 485 U.S. 58, 63 (1988). Of the two elements, predisposition is by far the more important.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand it, Oklahoma law does not require either person (buyer or seller) to produce Identification in order to transact an in-person private sale of a firearm. But federal law requires that ALL (private and commercial/retail) face-to-face firearms transactions must occur in the buyer's home state. Could that be the basis of the undercover cop's investigation? (although I agree that it was indeed a case of entrapment!)

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For someone doing their job?

It doesn't make sense though. Like Gunbuffer pointed out, you don't have to see proof of Oklahoma residency to sell them a gun.
It was legit. Why the hell would I make something like that up? WTF?
Maybe you’re old and embellish stories like my mom?
You’re right though, I’ve never heard a guy tell a tall tale about guns or fishing

Latest posts

Top Bottom