Ketamine Infusion Therapy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC it was an animal tranquilizer and known as Special K on the streets

It is ... And yep. My dad had problems even back in the. 60s-70s with kids trying to break into his clinic. One of the many reasons we wound up living on the same property his practice was located on.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been shown to improve depression and some pain issues like RSD. Usually 50mg over an hour so it's sub-anesthetic but will provide mild euphoria and analgesia. Infusion therapy requires multiple treatments over a specific period of time for effect with duration depending on what its been prescribed for.

Ok that helps a bit -- I've got the RSD diagnosis (its CRPS, now I think -- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome).

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ketamine was developed for field surgery as an aesthetic. I listened to a woman describe her story after she was given Ketamine during labor. She ended up having a psychotic break which her doctors totally blew off for months after.

Oh Lord. That's just what I need ... Lol

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ketamine was developed for field surgery as an aesthetic. I listened to a woman describe her story after she was given Ketamine during labor. She ended up having a psychotic break which her doctors totally blew off for months after.
Yea it is a dissociative. Still used in ER today for surgeries where it is gonna hurt really bad for just a little bit. My understanding is it kinda sends you somewhere else while you are still there.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Date rape, anesthetic for labor, field (racist) surgery?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The nurse who set up my appointments said we'd do this first round and in 3 months see where I am.

I've read that it "rewires" the way your brain "reads" pain signals. Something about after your brain has been bombarded with pain impulses (like in chronic pain patients) it starts to "read" every signal as a pain signal.

I've also read that for those it works for they only need one or two rounds of sessions ...

All I know is everything they've tried surgically has failed. Not only that but botox used to work on my migraines and now it's not ... The docs have told me they don't know why that is ... But then they don't know why about a lot of things when it comes to me. 🤦🤷

Yeah... I get it. The neurologist I'm seeing for my back injury and related leg issues plus the sudden onset migraine, has got me trying all sorts of different stuff. So far, nothing even takes the edge off. I've been living with it so long now it's just normal. The way you describe the brain reading all stimuli as pain makes sense...cuz I experience that a lot.

I hope you find something that works and gives you relief.

Latest posts

Top Bottom