Kettlebell Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever used these? http://www.mikemahler.com/ has a lot of info on them. I just got a couple because a good grappling buddy of mine had some tremendous results after a few months of using them only.

Anyway, I'm tired of my Bowflex and I'm going to focus on these for a while for strength and conditioning training.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have five of them. I should use them more. I got to where I could snatch the 2 pood pretty good. I had to go up a shirt size. They don't take up much room. Yep, I need to hit em again.

RDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MaddSkillz,

Related to kettlebells but not.......

For your MMA or grappling training, add a "slam-ball" to your kettlebell regimen. It's basically a very heavy duty medicine ball that's attached to a rope.

There's no better piece of equipment for training dynamic rotational strength.

Check www.performbetter.com look for the "First Place Slam Ball"....

Good luck and train hard!

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
RDS, I'll check that out!

Going to hit the kettle bells tonight before we head off to church. Looking forward to it.

Right now I'm starting up a program to hit them 4 days a week and it should only take me about 45 minutes each day.

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MS, do you do this at your house with your own kettleball equipment or at a gym? How much does that stuff usually run to get what you'd need to get started? Can you buy it locally or do you have to order it?

Thanks.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using kettlebells for about nine years since they first became available again commercially.

A good place to start is the articles section of Dragon Door.

Steve Maxwell, world masters BJJ champion, is also a foutain of info on kettlebells.

We use them just about every day in our MMA class.

Michael Brown

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say you can get set up for around 500 bucks. Shipping is high. Depending on your level of fitness. You could start with 35 pounder. Then buy more as you progress. That bell will be over 100 dollars with ship. Or close to it. It will do the job at first. All in all you will have a little corner of pain for less than the bowflex. My five bells take up less than a 2 foot square area.
www.dragondoor.com

RDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Study the exercises carefully... you should be able to use regular fixed weight dumbells for quite a few of the movements..you can get those about anywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom