Keurig 2.0 anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting some of the little paper filters for the reusable pod to make it easier to empty and reduce sediment.
That's what I do. I read that coffee doesn't decompose in septic systems, it just builds up, so I don't rinse it down the sink.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something. Makes no sense to me to buy an expensive coffee maker just so you can use expensive pods to make a cup of coffee. Buy a 12 cup maker and a couple pounds of Folgers. Good coffee for cheap.
I didn't buy one. It was given to me for free and I'm not using the pods.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a paperclip and bend out the long end. Keep it in a drawer nearby. When it starts sputtering and barely making a full cup of coffee, stick the long end of the paperclip up through the holes in the top needle and clean out all the stuck coffee grounds. Run it through a couple cycles without a K-Cup pod in it, and you'll be back in business.

Sincerely, a long-time Keurig 2.0 user

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife wanted to try different kinds of coffee so we got her the compact model Keurig over the holidays. She likes it. Me, I'll stick with my old coffee pot. Guess that makes me a Bun(n)s man....

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something. Makes no sense to me to buy an expensive coffee maker just so you can use expensive pods to make a cup of coffee. Buy a 12 cup maker and a couple pounds of Folgers. Good coffee for cheap.

I had a real nice coffee pot for a long time, worked great. Started drinking espresso more often, and I wanted something that made nicer coffee. I also found that when making a pot of coffee, I a lot of the time would drink a cup or two and throw the rest away.
With the old lady going to Starbucks 3x a week and me drinking espresso/energy drinks, buying a Nespresso machine has been a huge money saver. Rather than making a pot of coffee, drinking a cup out of it while I’m getting ready, and grabbing an energy drink on the way to work, I just make myself a fancy coffee in my machine, and call it good. That’s $1-$2 a morning for coffee for me and the old lady opposed to $10-15. It’s damn good coffee too.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with what you're saying but I personally can't hack those nasty floor sweepings called Folgers.
I'm not a coffee snob, don't grind my own or anything but I have to buy another brand and throw it in the Mr. Coffee machine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom