Keymod questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a few pieces of hardware for my kids' AR's yesterday while in OKC, for mounting slings on them. I am having a problem with one, the BCM QD Sling Mount; it seems the screws that are used to tighten the mount against the handguard are larger than the slots on the HG. I loosened them until they are almost out of the strap part, but they still won't slide into the slots far enough to allow the QD sling swivel to mount properly. This is a cheap handguard that I picked up from a "flash sale" @ Midsouth a few months back, and I'm betting it is the problem...just wonder what my options are, other than replacing the HG?
BTW, big shoutout to Hoov at Village Tactical for the insight on these QD/Keymod parts, I have never messed with any of these things before, he got it explained to my ignorant self and hooked me up! Thanks man!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah this one has that, and I was installing per instructions, and tried it the other way too...thinking maybe the HG wasn't cut right, but the screws definitely seem too big around to fit in the slots...

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah this one has that, and I was installing per instructions, and tried it the other way too...thinking maybe the HG wasn't cut right, but the screws definitely seem too big around to fit in the slots...

Sounds like you have an excuse to buy a KMR. Try the Alpha it's a lil cheaper...

Latest posts

Top Bottom