Keystone Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to wildlife dept and get a book of hunting land maps. Wildhorse creek is near you off hwy20 and better hunting.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ask permission, most folks will gladly let you retrieve any downed game. If they don't you have to let the game warden know and CYA.

There is a fine line between spot and stalk hunting and road hunting here in OK lmao. Your biggest concern with public land is walking over the top of another hunter. If you can get access on enough private you can do pretty good, but thats pay to play.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd write a letter to the Delaware owner outlining what you'd be willing to do for him in exchange for hunting access. Watch his property. Set up cameras for wildlife and trespassers. Clean up any downed trees. Etc...and see if you can get your foot in the door.

I'd also drive over to the Zink Ranch and introduce yourself. A handshake and maybe a peace offering(homemade bread/cookies) just to get acquainted.

I thought there was a fair amount of public land up in your area on the WMAs but not 100% sure. I do know there are more opportunities with bow than rifle and likely less competition. Don't think ATVs are allowed on the WMAs.

Best of luck this season!
yes on the letter may be slightly a possibility and on that note Zink ranch is huge and John Zink has been gone for years probably not an option with their management.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is pretty crazy. I went out the other day and walked clear across our cove which is usually 6-9 ft deep all the way over to Zink Ranch. I used the OnX app to find the owners of the properties.

I’ve been out in the woods quite a bit scouting. Im not used to all this under brush and leaves on the ground. I’m so loud, I feel like I’m 9 y/o again when my grandpa banished me to stay at the camp for scaring the deer away. lol.

You’ve gotta step a lot quieter and more carefully out here where there’s not so many evergreens.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know about legalities, but it’s common courtesy to ask permission or at least let a land owner know before you go onto their place looking for a wounded animal. I have people hunting up against my property lines on three sides and get calls every year wanting permission to come onto my place to look for a wounded deer. To me, it would be sh*tty to say no, but I also think it’s pretty sh*tty to hunt a property line too.
Many of these hunter expect courtisy, but never extend the same,
Call the game warden. He's the one to retrieve it. So your not guilty of trespass. I asked same question at meeting of game warden Q&A session

The game warden does not OWN THE LAND, and has absolutly no legal right to tresspass on private property without, the land owners permission, or a court issued serch warrent! The closer to COMMUNISUM we get the closer we are to losing the right of private property! Of course when we are all made EQUAL, ( EQUALLY POOR) by communist regimes, we won't be able to afford to hunt, or fish, and won't have time because of working in state owned slave labor factories! I feel better now!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many of these hunter expect courtisy, but never extend the same,

The game warden does not OWN THE LAND, and has absolutly no legal right to tresspass on private property without, the land owners permission, or a court issued serch warrent! The closer to COMMUNISUM we get the closer we are to losing the right of private property! Of course when we are all made EQUAL, ( EQUALLY POOR) by communist regimes, we won't be able to afford to hunt, or fish, and won't have time because of working in state owned slave labor factories! I feel better now!
The game warden goes to the property owner and asks to retrieve the downed animal. Most of the time the owner says OK. If he says no, then he's told about the state law regarding wanton waste of game animals and the penalties there of. About 99% of the time he is then given permission to retrieve the animal. Unless the land owner is planning on keeping the animal for himself. He is not infringing on anyone's rights, just asking a common courtesy to prevent waste of wildlife resources.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The game warden goes to the property owner and asks to retrieve the downed animal. Most of the time the owner says OK. If he says no, then he's told about the state law regarding wanton waste of game animals and the penalties there of. About 99% of the time he is then given permission to retrieve the animal. Unless the land owner is planning on keeping the animal for himself. He is not infringing on anyone's rights, just asking a common courtesy to prevent waste of wildlife resources.
That’s assuming the landowner is a reasonable and prudent individual. Perhaps you have not met ”old John”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom