Kids... Do They Ever Listen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a dozen or more Jack Russell Terriers in the past 30 years or so. About 2 months ago stepson/stepdaughter asked me about a JRT. They aren't real big dog lovers and not the best dog parents in the world. They don't have a fenced yard and their last little dog got run over in front of their house. I told them JRTs are very demanding and very high energy. They need a lot of attention, exercise and mental stimulation. They need a secure yard. You need to really think about this before you get a JRT.

In one ear and out the other. They've had the JRT less than a month. She's been relegated to being chained up outside. Not housebroken, chews on stuff, etc...

So, they call up mom (my wife). "Do you guys want Lexi (the JRT)?" She's just too much trouble for them. So, mom's going to TX Wed to visit kids and to bring Lexi (about 5 months old) home to us. I hope I don't regret this...it can be really hard to undo bad habits.

Now they've asked me about blue heelers. I told them a heeler is pretty much a larger version of a JRT...same type of high-energy, time-demanding dog. Don't get a heeler if you don't like JRTs. Now they have a heeler...we'll probably be making another trip down there for her in the next month or so.

So, this is Lexi, the new addition to the Corgi Ranch (she'll be here early next week). To be honest, I've been wanting a JRT (or a heeler) for a while now so I can't say I'm completely disappointed. I just don't like their attitude that dogs are disposable.

Lexi the Jack Russell Terrier:

View attachment 352757
The short answer to your title is "no".
The long answer to your title is "NO".

And the highly researched, college dissertation length, scientific research paper is. "H3LL NO!!"

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a dozen or more Jack Russell Terriers in the past 30 years or so. About 2 months ago stepson/stepdaughter asked me about a JRT. They aren't real big dog lovers and not the best dog parents in the world. They don't have a fenced yard and their last little dog got run over in front of their house. I told them JRTs are very demanding and very high energy. They need a lot of attention, exercise and mental stimulation. They need a secure yard. You need to really think about this before you get a JRT.

In one ear and out the other. They've had the JRT less than a month. She's been relegated to being chained up outside. Not housebroken, chews on stuff, etc...

So, they call up mom (my wife). "Do you guys want Lexi (the JRT)?" She's just too much trouble for them. So, mom's going to TX Wed to visit kids and to bring Lexi (about 5 months old) home to us. I hope I don't regret this...it can be really hard to undo bad habits.

Now they've asked me about blue heelers. I told them a heeler is pretty much a larger version of a JRT...same type of high-energy, time-demanding dog. Don't get a heeler if you don't like JRTs. Now they have a heeler...we'll probably be making another trip down there for her in the next month or so.

So, this is Lexi, the new addition to the Corgi Ranch (she'll be here early next week). To be honest, I've been wanting a JRT (or a heeler) for a while now so I can't say I'm completely disappointed. I just don't like their attitude that dogs are disposable.

Lexi the Jack Russell Terrier:

View attachment 352757
If they get the blue healer and don't want it please let me know

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20220809_120636.jpg

Jack says, " hey baby "

Latest posts

Top Bottom