Kids hunting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see a kid specific hunting thread. I like looking at everyones big kills as much as the next guy but I really like seeing what the kids do. So I thought I would start a thread of kids hunting. With their animals or asleep in the blind or whatever. I really like seeing the smile on their faces.

Ill start with my girl. Yesterday, her first "all by myself" deer. She's 8 years old. I didnt hold anything or pull the trigger or nothing. Just helped her set it on the shooting sticks. This doe gave us fits trying to get on her and get it done. She came up behind us and went down wind and everything. She just didnt spook thank God. Right at 100 yards facing chest shot with my AR in 300 Blackout with my handload 125gr Hornady SST, Leupold VX I 3-9. She ran about 50 yards and piled up.
Carmen Deer 1.jpg
Carmen deer 3.jpg
Carmen Deer 5.jpg
Carmen deer 6.jpg

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's freaking AWESOME!

Hopefully, I will be able to post this weekend pics of my son's first deer. We're also going out with a .300, with 150-grain handloads, out of a 7.5" barreled suppressed SBR. Can't wait!

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a few from my kids. My daughter has taken 2 does so far and has a nice 8pt come by the stand this morning and got a bad case of buck fever and couldn't get the bow on him. Would have been her first buck and a nice one but we will keep trying.
The top 2 are of my 9 year old son. Next is my 11 year old son followed by my 14 year old daughter. We are having a blast in the woods.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 169

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kids are the future of hunting, and in that, it's important that we as more seasoned hunters impress on them the importance of wildlife management and conservation rather than just focusing on "the kill". My daughter hunted with me for the first time this year, and I think she enjoyed getting to see turkeys, quail, pheasant, cranes, geese, etc almost as much as shooting her deer. It was a unique experience because we don't have the mixed bag where we live in Texas like our place in OK. I really wasn't sure if she'd want to go again, but she says she's ready for next year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 181

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Great pics Coach.
What bullet are you going to use tRidiot?

I went to a friend's house and he dug through his stuff, found some components, looked things up in his book, and we made some rounds - about 20 or so. I believe it was a Remington 150-grain, and I can't remember the powder we used... 17.5 grains or so. Damned if I can remember. Sorry, I don't know much about reloading yet.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kids are the future of hunting, and in that, it's important that we as more seasoned hunters impress on them the importance of wildlife management and conservation rather than just focusing on "the kill". My daughter hunted with me for the first time this year, and I think she enjoyed getting to see turkeys, quail, pheasant, cranes, geese, etc almost as much as shooting her deer. It was a unique experience because we don't have the mixed bag where we live in Texas like our place in OK. I really wasn't sure if she'd want to go again, but she says she's ready for next year.

Thats fantastic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom