Kids safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this so I placed it here.

I have 3 grandkids living in Norman, nice quite neighborhood. The oldest is 8 along with her brother who is 5 and little 3 year old girl. Dad has let the two bigger kids walk to a local park to play. Now this park is 8 to 10 blocks away from their house. I have real concerns for their safety. Since I live so far away (2.5 hours). I am wondering if I should bring up the idea of some sort of tracking device for each child to wear.

I have never had a child of mine kidnapped or molested but I have lost a 13 month old son due to an accident at a baby sitters house.

I believe every man and woman on this site feels the same way I do and would use what ever force available to save a child.

What does everyone think?

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gunbuffer, thank you. FYI they do have a swing set and a climbing toy that I help put together. I know parents want their children to explore and grow but in this world I wouldn't let them go alone even where I live.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 9 year old son and (recently turned) 8 year old daughter walk to and from school together. It's a half mile. I'm home when they leave and get home. My son has a cell phone in his bag to call me if he needs to. The 9 year old will go to the same school to play with our neighbor who is 8, and he will have his cell phone and have instructions to be home in an hour other designated time.

Personally I think 5 is a too young to go that far, and play unsupervised at a park. 8 blocks isn't bad or particularly far to me though. Depends on the streets they're crossing.

To me this world ain't worse that the world we had before. We just know more about it these days. It's easy to worry, and often rightfully so.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the older kid have a phone? Maybe the parents are tracking them that way?

No phone that I know of. I have expressed my concern to my daughter and explained when I was thru that I would butt out and not say anything more.

I am thinking of buying some type of tracking watch that they both could wear with possibly an alert button that would register to mom and dads phone. Just a thought.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom