Kids say the darndest things.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
School has been a trip. So I’m just 34 1/2, and going to a local community college. Classes are going pretty well, but these kids are killing me.

So far I’ve heard:

“You don’t look THAT old”

“You look alright for your age”

“You’re 34? So you’re a baby boomer, right?”

“You were in Afghanistan in 2010? My dad was in Afghanistan in 2010!”

“BACK IN THE DAY when you were young you couldn’t buy high point beer or get tattoos in Oklahoma? That’s crazy, I wasn’t even a year old then.” (This was also in our history book)

“Are you in a computer class because they didn’t have them back in your day?”

“You have a lot of gray hairs to be in college.”

“Is that your son?”

Man. I’m never talking crap to you old guys again. Well at least for a month or two. I guess I’m about ready to get put out to pasture.

Last edited:

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow haha. I can imagine.

I feel ya bruh… I’m your age. I’ve also considered going back to school to finish my degree, so I can get away from busting my butt doing blue collar physical work. I’m just not sure if I could handle it!

I make decent money, and take pride in not being a limp wristed, boring, politically correct “professional” lol. Been self employed for 7 years now, I’m so used to my freedoms it would be very hard to change. Just wish my body was invincible!

I’ll figure it out… enjoying life to the fullest while I can for sure though

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
School has been a trip. So I’m just 34 1/2, and going to a local community college. Classes are going pretty well, but these kids are killing me.

So far I’ve heard:

“You don’t look THAT old”

“You look alright for your age”

“You’re 34? So you’re a baby boomer, right?”

“You were in Afghanistan in 2010? My dad was in Afghanistan in 2010!”

“BACK IN THE DAY when you were young you couldn’t buy high point beer or get tattoos in Oklahoma? That’s crazy, I wasn’t even a year old then.” (This was also in our history book)

“Are you in a computer class because they didn’t have them back in your day?”

“You have a lot of gray hairs to be in college.”

“Is that your son?”

Man. I’m never talking crap to you old guys again. Well at least for a month or two. I guess I’m about ready to get put out to pasture.
If they would have done that to me, I would have said, "Yeah and I was around when we landed on the moon." You do know we landed on the moon?" Several times?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow haha. I can imagine.

I feel ya bruh… I’m your age. I’ve also considered going back to school to finish my degree, so I can get away from busting my butt doing blue collar physical work. I’m just not sure if I could handle it!

I make decent money, and take pride in not being a limp wristed, boring, politically correct “professional” lol. Been self employed for 7 years now, I’m so used to my freedoms it would be very hard to change. Just wish my body was invincible!

Wow haha. I can imagine.

Yeah, I wish I could have gotten the self employment deal to work, that would have been nice. But a stable high demand job with benefits is gonna be nice for starting a family.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll make y’all youngsters feel better. I’m 53, and my oldest son just turned 31, youngest son just turned 29, and my daughter is 17 and will start at OU in the fall.
I wish I could have started things off early, I’m gonna be an old man when my kids are popping out grandkids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom