''Killers of the Flower Moon''

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good book.
I will reserve judgement about the movie until it comes out.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese’s Sixth Movie Is Officially ‘Killers of the Flower Moon,’ Filming Starts Summer 2019
Oct 24, 2018
Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio are officially reuniting on the upcoming historical murder mystery “Killers of the Flower Moon.”
...Production is set to kick off in summer 2019. The film is written by Eric Roth, an Oscar winner for “Forrest Gump.”

...The story is set in 1920s Oklahoma and centers around the Osage Nation murders, in which members of the Native American tribe were murdered one by one after the group became rich off the oil found underneath their land. The murders attracted the attention of the newly created FBI, who set out to investigate the crimes...
Imperative Entertainment executives are working with the Osage Nation on the film and will begin scouting locations in the coming months.
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/k...-leonardo-dicaprio-filming-summer-1202014987/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great book. Read it last summer. Since I was raised in Osage County ranch land, I've recognized some of the family names and asked the descendants about the history. Good friends wife had her great grandfather killed by poison during those times and was mentioned in the book. There is a reason there are some really big ranches in Osage county and some of the reasons are not very pretty.
Kept hoping the book would mention little Las Vegas but it didn't. There is some amazing history in this county and most of it was illegal back in the day.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you really want to know about our state's questionable history, look up Angie Debo's books, particularly And Still the Waters Run. The story of that book's publication is a pretty good story by itself.

If you want more Injun history, check out Empire Of the Summer Moon (about the Comanches) and The Heart Of Everything That Is, about Red Cloud, who led the Sioux in the first war the US ever lost (Red Cloud's War).

Excellent. Thank you for the recommendations. I’m always on the hunt for books dealing with the more despicable aspects of our history not often described in almost all western civilization, USA, and Oklahoma history books. One of my favorites, although on a somewhat grander scale, is by Miguel Leon-Portilla called “The Broken Spears”. It’s the Aztec account of the Spanish coming to the so-called New World.

My God, we westerners have done some truly terrible things in our search for, or maybe I should say the creation of, the more perfect society. Or read “Killer Angels” by Micheal Shaara if you like atrocity based history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good book.
I will reserve judgement about the movie until it comes out.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese’s Sixth Movie Is Officially ‘Killers of the Flower Moon,’ Filming Starts Summer 2019
Oct 24, 2018
Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio are officially reuniting on the upcoming historical murder mystery “Killers of the Flower Moon.”
...Production is set to kick off in summer 2019. The film is written by Eric Roth, an Oscar winner for “Forrest Gump.”

...The story is set in 1920s Oklahoma and centers around the Osage Nation murders, in which members of the Native American tribe were murdered one by one after the group became rich off the oil found underneath their land. The murders attracted the attention of the newly created FBI, who set out to investigate the crimes...
Imperative Entertainment executives are working with the Osage Nation on the film and will begin scouting locations in the coming months.
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/k...-leonardo-dicaprio-filming-summer-1202014987/

I’m a little leery about the movie too, but Leohomo Decarpio did a pretty good job in The Revenant”, loosely based on a real life fellow of the time named Hugh Glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom