Kimber K6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been wanting one for a while and had kind of talked myself out of it, but I got the opportunity to buy one today and couldn’t resist. I really wanted the DASA model with an external hammer, but I’m not unhappy with the way this DAO trigger ”stages” and breaks. I‘ve put 24 rounds through it so far, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to replace the Smith 649 as my new concealed carry gun. :thumb:
B9D05E34-F3C7-4688-9CD2-51190F026CA6.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy my DASA. I bought my first one off of an acquaintance who needed to raise a little money. Got my second one about three months ago. It just sort of fell into my lap at a really great price. Been thinking about putting one of them up for sale on here, but I really enjoy them! Congrats on your K6. Having never been much of a fan of Kimber, I have to say that I am a fan of these wheel guns.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy my DASA. I bought my first one off of an acquaintance who needed to raise a little money. Got my second one about three months ago. It just sort of fell into my lap at a really great price. Been thinking about putting one of them up for sale on here, but I really enjoy them! Congrats on your K6. Having never been much of a fan of Kimber, I have to say that I am a fan of these wheel guns.
I’m not necessarily a fan of Kimber either, but I’ve had at least four Ultra CDP 45’s and have never had an issue with any of them. I would buy another one (and keep it this time) if the right deal came along.

As I said, I really wanted the DASA, and I’m fairly confident I’ll end up with one sooner or later. In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy what I’ve got and put as many rounds through it as I can.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought I would update my progress with the K6 after a few hundred rounds. The factory trigger pull was really smooth with a crisp break, but it was a little stiff for my taste (I estimate in the 12lb range). I read several reviews from guys that replaced the factory springs with TK Customs, and at the same time, I upgraded to a TK firing pin as firing pin breakage is one of the main complaints with these guns.
I’m leery of using a lower weight hammer spring because it can produce light primer strikes, but that’s evidently not the case with these in this gun. I estimate the trigger pull in the 9ish pound range, and it seems smoother than before.
I’ve never been a fan of DAO revolvers and would still like to have a K6 with a hammer at some point, but after reducing the pull weight, my desire is waning fast for a hammer model. This gun is a pleasure to shoot and easy to shoot accurately.
I had only put 38 ammo through it until yesterday. I tried some 357’s in it (factory and handloads), and it’s a handful but not unbearable. I’m going to stick to carrying 38’s.

For any revolver guys that are thinking about giving a K6 a try, I highly recommend taking the plunge.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I would update my progress with the K6 after a few hundred rounds. The factory trigger pull was really smooth with a crisp break, but it was a little stiff for my taste (I estimate in the 12lb range). I read several reviews from guys that replaced the factory springs with TK Customs, and at the same time, I upgraded to a TK firing pin as firing pin breakage is one of the main complaints with these guns.
I’m leery of using a lower weight hammer spring because it can produce light primer strikes, but that’s evidently not the case with these in this gun. I estimate the trigger pull in the 9ish pound range, and it seems smoother than before.
I’ve never been a fan of DAO revolvers and would still like to have a K6 with a hammer at some point, but after reducing the pull weight, my desire is waning fast for a hammer model. This gun is a pleasure to shoot and easy to shoot accurately.
I had only put 38 ammo through it until yesterday. I tried some 357’s in it (factory and handloads), and it’s a handful but not unbearable. I’m going to stick to carrying 38’s.

For any revolver guys that are thinking about giving a K6 a try, I highly recommend taking the plunge.
My EDC is a S&W M&P 340. I have several kimber pistols but no revolvers and have thought about getting a K6. How hard was it to change the springs and firing pin? I couldn't stand to shoot it much with the 357 and I carry 38s, makes it a little more bearable. The K6 is about 10 ounces heavier so that will help also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom