Kimber K6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you shoot that thing alot and get really proficient with that DA action you'll likely find yourself preferring it over SA. It's get "addictive" for lack of a better explanation and it's much faster. Most never let themselves "get there" because it is so different than SA and they get "better" results with SA initially so that's what they stick with.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My EDC is a S&W M&P 340. I have several kimber pistols but no revolvers and have thought about getting a K6. How hard was it to change the springs and firing pin? I couldn't stand to shoot it much with the 357 and I carry 38s, makes it a little more bearable. The K6 is about 10 ounces heavier so that will help also.
If you’ve ever changed spring on a Smith j frame, you can definitely change the springs on a K6. The firing pin change is the same too...pull the retaining pin, take out the factory firing pin and spring, put in the new firing pin and spring, and replace the retaining pin.
I like the K6 so much I’m seriously considering selling a couple of my Smiths, because I’m not really a “collector” and have little need for safe queens.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you shoot that thing alot and get really proficient with that DA action you'll likely find yourself preferring it over SA. It's get "addictive" for lack of a better explanation and it's much faster. Most never let themselves to "get there" because it is so different than SA and they get "better" results with SA initially so that's what they stick with.
You’re definitely right. I’ve had a few Smith DAO revolvers and never took the time to get comfortable with them, but I have to say that I’ve never had a Smith with a trigger like the K6. The staging and break is in a whole different league (even before I lowered the pull weight).
I’m burning up a lot of ammo just for fun, because I just love shooting this gun. I’m very glad I reload or it would get really expensive really fast.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one of the first K6s when they came out. It was soooo much better built than any other snubbie I've owned. It floors me to say that about a Kimber product but it's the truth, they got this one right. I never carried it so I got rid of it. I will probably end up buying one of the 3" versions though.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I bought one of the first K6s when they came out. It was soooo much better built than any other snubbie I've owned. It floors me to say that about a Kimber product but it's the truth, they got this one right. I never carried it so I got rid of it. I will probably end up buying one of the 3" versions though.

How is it compared in size to a 642 or a Ruger LCR?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is it compared in size to a 642 or a Ruger LCR?
The cylinder is slightly wider than a j frame, but I’ve been using a modified j frame IWB holster for daily carry. I finally ordered a K6 specific holster yesterday.

The fact that the K6 holds 6 rounds to the j frames 5 with such a small difference in width is a testament to the engineering that went into the design.

Latest posts

Top Bottom