Kimber quality ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the title and thought, "I'll take oxymorons for $1,000, Alex."
Sorry, but you’re not getting off that easy. If you’re going to back handedly disparage Kimber, you have to share specifics (and not I read of problems or my second cousin’s friend had one with problems). So, let’s hear it?!? :anyone:

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned and still own quite a few Kimber 1911’s from calibers .17Mach2 to .45ACP, I have encountered 2 problems with the sights.

I bought a used Tactical Custom II in .45ACP, the point of impact was about 8 inches below aim -- I contacted Kimber customer services, they put me in contact with the Custom Shop -- I told them I bought this firearm used -- The custom shop representative told me to send them the slide. They installed correct night sight. shot great.

I bought a new Ultra Carry in .45ACP, The front sight slid out of the dovetail, while I was shooting. Contacted Kimber customer service, they sent me a shipping label, sent Kimber the slide -- back in business.

I have 2 of their .22lr conversion kits, I shoot on almost all of my range trips, A Target conversion on my .17Mach2 (accurate and reliable .22lr ammunition is easier to find, than .17Mach2). A Compact conversion mounted on my 9MM Kimber Ultra Aegis (I bought used from an OSA member). Both kits have been outstanding, I really enjoy shooting each -- Sometimes I’m in the groove and can’t miss my target, the other times, I blame on inconsistent ammunition ( just have to practice shooting fundamentals, to hit the target) .

So the problems I have encountered were both taken care of by their customer service. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another !!!!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love my Kimber in .45. Never had a single issue with it after thousands of rounds through it in my first year of USPSA competition before moving on to another caliber.
004E8D97-2D2A-4DCE-B36C-CD8F208533AA.jpeg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but you’re not getting off that easy. If you’re going to back handedly disparage Kimber, you have to share specifics (and not I read of problems or my second cousin’s friend had one with problems). So, let’s hear it?!? :anyone:
Agreed. I just purchased a Crimson Trace Pro Carry 2. I was satisfied with the price. I have two concerns, the extended safety keeps getting flicked off in my holster so I have not carried it for daily use yet and the Crimson Trace grip button hurts my semi crippled arthritic hand. Regular grips work just fine. I'm thinking of bobbing the extended safety or just replacing it with an original.

I have to add the thing eats anything from ball to Black Talon to the cone shaped Super Vel hollowpoints.

Last edited:

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have or have had Kimbers in 22, 9, 38 super, 10, and 45 with no significant problems. For most of my life, I bought Colts and paid someone to make them run, now, I just buy another Kimber. Seven in the safe presently and always looking for spares.

Latest posts

Top Bottom