Kimber TFS SOC review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. I'll make this clear. I am not a professional at making vids. I suck. Let me make that clear. I SUCK!
Soooo....I deleted the vid. My bad.
Shooting OTC ammo at 11 yards. First pic (after bad vid) is the first 5 shots from the beauty.
Second Pic is a new target with 21 rounds fired. I love the accuracy with this baby. With the balance, same recoil as my 9mm. Not crazy about the red dot and will probably scrap it as it gets in the way (even though it looks great).
Will be putting a few hundred through it tomorrow.
No issues at all. No FTE, FTF or anything else. Ran flawlessly.
One complaint is only one mag from Kimber (cheap bastards) but picked up a better looking kimber mag earlier knowing this.
Anyway, just pm each other and make fun of me and my hillbilly vid.

Kimber first 5 shots 1.JPG
Kimber 21 rounds 2.JPG

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't give up on the laser just yet. I had an earlier generation Kimber Warrior with a rail-mounted Insight laser/flashlight combo that was a tack driver. It does take awhile to get the laser dialed in properly, but once mine was adjusted, the pistol was scary accurate. I always got flawless performance out of the "KimPro" 8 round magazines. Just keep working at it!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to sight it in tomorrow (red dot) the factory iron sights are dead on. Issue I have with the rail laser is I keep turning it on when I grip. The index finger naturally goes to that spot and engages it.
I really like the way it feels and shoots and I think my wish list (and my safe) are full.
Going to try a couple other 10 round mags and see how they work on the kimber. The 8 rounders' are new and need some work to get that 8th round in. Ha!
Not sure why one of my pictures came out sideways but if you watched my video, you know I'm not that bright or tech savvy.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This review sucks.
Your supposed to report that it had multiple FTF, FTE, FTL issues to satisfy the Kimber haters
You disappoint them!

Nice pistol, and some nice groups there!
Ha. Just Walmart ammo that ran flawlessly. I expected a hiccup because this thing is so well put together, but none came. With everything so tightly milled, you would think some breakin issues.
It's a winner and there's nothing like the feel of shooting a 45. I've been shooting my 9mm's so much, I forgot the joy of a 45 and this one is fun to shoot.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha. Just Walmart ammo that ran flawlessly. I expected a hiccup because this thing is so well put together, but none came. With everything so tightly milled, you would think some breakin issues.
It's a winner and there's nothing like the feel of shooting a 45. I've been shooting my 9mm's so much, I forgot the joy of a 45 and this one is fun to shoot.
Agree, the .45 Kimber is my fav and is also my wife's choice of all of our guns to shoot. She's danged good at it too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best mags for a .45 Kimber are Wilson Combat, #2 and #1 is the Tripp Cobra magazines.
8 or 10 rounder's.
Stay away from the Kimber, chip McCormick, and off breed mags for reliability.
All the competition shooters that I know shoot the Tripp Cobra.
I started with the Wilson Combat, and had zero issues, but evolved to the Tripp's because I got a special on a group deal.
The Tripp is what is inserted into my Kimber as we speak. That is how much I trust it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best mags for a .45 Kimber are Wilson Combat, #2 and #1 is the Tripp Cobra magazines.
8 or 10 rounder's.
Stay away from the Kimber, chip McCormick, and off breed mags for reliability.
All the competition shooters that I know shoot the Tripp Cobra.
I started with the Wilson Combat, and had zero issues, but evolved to the Tripp's because I got a special on a group deal.
The Tripp is what is inserted into my Kimber as we speak. That is how much I trust it.
I've been shopping around for the Wilson Combat, but very few places carry them. I've never liked the Chip M. mags. Good price but seemed to have an issue's. Included them in gun sale and haven't tried another. Never had the Trips. Who carries them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom