Kinda neat sks to find

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked this one up a couple weeks ago, from what I see it’s a 1980 manufacture date and it’s unfired. Got it with the importers box and a instruction sheet too. Everything matches number wise except the stock and that’s okay for me. It’s a Norinco manufactured gun and has the still gross cleaning kit in the stock too.

I’ll have to get some more pics soon. The hard part is deciding to shoot it or not.

CAB5E895-BC47-4AB7-B430-AB438FD0FF83.jpeg

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s purdy!!
Had one just like it I picked up from B&I in Tacoma last century, looked just like that until the $89.00 crates of ammo on the strippers showed up at the docks. Then we found out what happens when you don’t clean em for a few cases.😆😆😆😆😆
Good cheap fun while it lasted.
We were supposed to clean sks rifles?

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was crazy that I could get a standard 20” sks rifle for the same price as a 1200rd case of Chinese military crate ammo. The good days. For a broke college age kid, I had a lot of fun messing with them.
When I was fresh out of high school, my local shop back home had them for around 75 and was giving away a crate of ammo. If memory serves me correct, it was all AP. I stuck my nose up at them stroking my Colt HBAR which I paid around 400 for. If I could go back in time and kick my ass, this would be one of those times.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was fresh out of high school, my local shop back home had them for around 75 and was giving away a crate of ammo. If memory serves me correct, it was all AP. I stuck my nose up at them stroking my Colt HBAR which I paid around 400 for. If I could go back in time and kick my ass, this would be one of those times.
Shooter's Corner?

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
similar here. 12th street pawn got to where they were really an sks store more than anything. $69-89 Norinco's new, Russians for $129-150, Chinese crates of 1260rds for $89 or 99. and there would be colts and the bushmasters that were still good, for $600, your pick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom