Kinda neat sks to find

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
When I was fresh out of high school, my local shop back home had them for around 75 and was giving away a crate of ammo. If memory serves me correct, it was all AP. I stuck my nose up at them stroking my Colt HBAR which I paid around 400 for. If I could go back in time and kick my ass, this would be one of those times.
there's currently firearms like this imo. the turkish guns have gone back to pre covid pricing and they some of the best value i think in terms of cheap firearms today; quality firearm in the future.

our relationship with turkey is shaky. the obama russian import bans were kinda outta nowhere, i know they aren't nato but still. depending on how the ukraine situation plays out, they could be formally a lot closer to russia politically when it's all said and done.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up one of the Norinco paratrooper models for a whopping $149 back when Clinton was about to be sworn in. I can't believe the prices on any SKS these days.

I will say, it's pretty darn accurate. I outshot my buddy and his Mini 30 pretty convincingly, and it's not because I'm an out of work sniper.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up one of the Norinco paratrooper models for a whopping $149 back when Clinton was about to be sworn in. I can't believe the prices on any SKS these days.

I will say, it's pretty darn accurate. I outshot my buddy and his Mini 30 pretty convincingly, and it's not because I'm an out of work sniper.
A nice paratrooper is what I’d like to get but I guess my AK will have to work 🤣

Jodemon13

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked this one up a couple weeks ago, from what I see it’s a 1980 manufacture date and it’s unfired. Got it with the importers box and a instruction sheet too. Everything matches number wise except the stock and that’s okay for me. It’s a Norinco manufactured gun and has the still gross cleaning kit in the stock too.

I’ll have to get some more pics soon. The hard part is deciding to shoot it or not.

View attachment 323769
I wouldn’t worry about shooting it .Its an SKs nothing collectible. $65 weapon in the 80s if you bought 10 or more.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about shooting it .Its an SKs nothing collectible. $65 weapon in the 80s if you bought 10 or more.
lol there will absolutely never be more or cheaper SKS's than today, no matter what that day is.

they are only going to get more rare and more expensive. even the norinco chinese ones, but especially the russian tulas.

buttcoin has gone down 70% in like....45 days. think i'll keep collecting sks's lol.

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a Norinko from Dongs for my birthday when I was 16, I'm pretty sure it was $99.
16697689672444225783848758145408.jpg
Updated it a few years ago, it shoots very well and is quite accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom