knife question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7point82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone on the board have any experience with the Shivworks Lil' Loco or similar products? MD Tactical doesn't even appear to have them in stock and I'm not sure where else I could get one anyway. I've never looked at similar items too seriously because most seem to be of the push dagger variety and are not legal for carry by that definition. Any opinions of the product or it's general aptitude would be appreciated.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7point82 said:
Does anyone on the board have any experience with the Shivworks Lil' Loco or similar products? MD Tactical doesn't even appear to have them in stock and I'm not sure where else I could get one anyway. I've never looked at similar items too seriously because most seem to be of the push dagger variety and are not legal for carry by that definition. Any opinions of the product or it's general aptitude would be appreciated.

The Lil Loco is a great product but its truly a specialty item like the HAK, for times that you just can't carry anything else.

I think that anyone who wears a pair of pants or jeans and a shirt (even tucked in) can carry a better defensive option.

The Lil Loco should probably be considered as part of a layered weapons carry plan not as your primary blade. Its just not big enough to do damage to anywhere but the eyes and throat (if you are very good or very fortunate).

A Clinch Pick would probably serve your needs better and conceal almost as well.

If cost is more the issue, then a TDI Kabar would probably serve you better as well.

Michael Brown

7point82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have had one more of these :coffee: before I posted! LOL.

Yes, MB, you are correct. I would not plan on employing the Lil Loco as a first or even second level of protection. It would almost always be carried in addition to a larger fixed blade (and a CHL, etc, etc).

Hey MB, on a separate subject, you earlier mentioned liking the CRKT Polkowski Kasper Companion ... do you think it's a little on the large side to comfortably conceal compared to the TDI, Snody Resistor or some of the others? Unlike you, I'm a little guy at about 5'7" and when knives start pushing 9" long IWB carry gets a little awkward for me. (Unless I'm just doing it all wrong. :D)

Thx!

dalepres

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was about to order a few survival knives for emergency kits and possible carry. I was stunned to read this thread and find out that I can carry a gun but not a double-edged survival knife.

As I posted elsewhere, my CCW class consisted of little more than reading verbatim from the CLEET course material - and that material didn't provide definitions for the names of banned knives. Other than the Bowie and switch-blade, I had no clue what the others were.

Banning Bowie knives or other knives seems about as sensible as banning ugly guns or guns of specific colors as is done in some states. Afterall, it is perfectly legal for me to carry a meat cleaver, right? And we all know now what can be done with one of those.

Latest posts

Top Bottom