knife question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am somewhat of a knife aficianado. However, I like to hunt for the very best low price knives I can find. I consider it a challenge. It is easy to buy a nice 200 dollar knife, not so easy to buy one for 30 bucks thats a good knife.

So far, some of the real winners I have found are as follows;

The Benchmade Red Class Pika. Very nice little knife. 440C steel is a detractor, but it holds a good edge. Paid 20 bucks for it new.

CRKT M1 Lightfoot. Excellent hard use knife. AUS-8 steel holds a good edge. Has a funky assymetrical edge grind, but its OK once you get use to it. This is my current primary carry knife. Abot 40 bucks, If I remember right.

Ka-Bar TDI Plain Edge. This knife is increible. It is designed for a last ditch gun grab defense knife, but the utility of it is amazing. Ive used it for everything from Seatbelts to oranges. Scary sharp, and imminently concealable. Its really at home on a duty belt. 22 bucks.

I am waiting for my Blade-Tech Wegner Hunter. Supposed ot be here today. Again, 440c sttel, but one of the best folding knife designs ever made, IMO. Ive been hunting for a Spyderco Wegner for a while, but they are nearly impossible to find. This one will have to do. I have heard nothing but good about it. 35 bucks.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the law about a regualar citizen carring something like Ka-Bar TDI Plain Edge? Also whats the law as far as fixed blade and folder length for say Tulsa?

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
blake711 said:
What is the law about a regualar citizen carring something like Ka-Bar TDI Plain Edge? Also whats the law as far as fixed blade and folder length for say Tulsa?
TDI is legal and there is no length limit on folders except at the courthouse (if you are allowed to carry them there this week)

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michael Brown said:
Knives that are specifically named are Bowies, Dirks, and Daggers.

Bowies are known by their design and dirks and daggers both have double-edges.

Sucks, but them's the breaks.

Fortunately there are still plenty of good knives that are legal to carry.

Michael Brown
According to the definition that Mike gives the knife you linked to would be illegal to carry in Oklahoma.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so serrations on the backside count as doubled edged? what if its only half way like this

[Broken External Image]

Is this ok?
[Broken External Image]

one more for the heck of it.

[Broken External Image]

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would avoid any sharp edge on two sides, serrated or not. By the letter of the law, those would be illegal.

Its just not worth it with the number of good (and reasonably priced) single edged knives out there i.e. the Benchmade Snody Resistor fixed blade ($100), the CRKT Polkowski/Kasper Companion ($35), or the TDI Ka-Bar ($30).

If you want something a little bigger Cold Steel's SRK, Recon Tanto, and Kobun are all great choices for under $75.

All of the aforementioned knives do not fit into any of the prohibited catagories unless you display criminal intent.

I keep a couple daggers in my home but I don't carry them for self-defense. Its just not worth the chance.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom