Knife rivets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I stocked up on Corbys I ordered them from makermaterialsupply. They were much cheaper than the other places at that time. I’ve bought many other supplies from them also. Ship quick too. If memory serves right they are around Dallas. I’d love to do business with Jantz since they are in Oklahoma but they just get beat on pricing/shipping compared to all the others previously mentioned.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d say copper pins since they’ve got the green corrosion on them. But brass may corrode too now that I think on it.
Oh yeah, brass will turn green when anhydrous gets on it. After a flood at our Salt Fork River place, I found a couple of 20lb propane bottles down in the woods that were caught up in a brush pile formed by the flood. Lots of green corrosion on them, but they were heavy like something was in them.
Cracked the valve open a tad and about passed out from the Ammonia. Seems someone has been using the propane bottles to get anhydrous either from the COOP or from the rented applicators the farmers use to fertilize with.
It's a major ingredient in making meth.
Caught a good wind and dumped the bottles.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, that'd do it too - then just grind them flush
My dad was a machinist mate in the Navy during WWII on a floating dry dock at Sing Taue China. He built knives from old files that were worn out, using brass brazing rod as pins. He would countersink the wood, put the brazing rod in the hole and use a ball peen hammer to mushroom out the head in small strokes to form it. Then sand it smooth.
He showed that technique to me when I was a kid when I had some old cheap knife that had a broken wood handle to fix. Never knew what the round end of a ball peen hammer was for prior to that.
Now, I glue the handles to the blanks before forming them from stone. I do like the decorative pins, not to use, but I'd like to countersink the stone and just glue them in place to make it look nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom