Knives as gifts: Case?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’m wanting to get something nice for my groomsmen. I’ve seen people get coozies and assorted trinkets, I thought of nice bottles of whiskey or something, but most of my groomsmen don’t drink or don’t drink much. I’m a fan of useful, practical gifts. Something you’ll pull out 20 years later and say “I remember being at one of the best days of HoLeChit’s life and it was awesome”. So I thought, why not a knife? I’ve always thought those Opinel knives are neat, and a really great price point. So I picked one up to use for the past week or two. I’m not sure impressed. It’s plenty sharp, and nice in the hand, but it doesn’t sit in your pocket well and the blade already has a few knicks in it, from simply cutting cardboard. So I thought a little more, and I absolutely love my Case Stockman. Fantastic little knife in your pocket, and it’s pretty to look at too.

So I’ve looked, and while I like the offerings, they’re a little pricey to buy a handful of them without getting some second opinions. Anyone have any thoughts? My stockman has been great, but I want to make sure that I’m not the exception here. I’m also open to other options for sub $70 knives good enough to give to someone you give a crap about. Also, I’m open to suggestions on where to buy whatever knives I land on, I would prefer to shop local, whether it be OKC, or somewhere in Tulsa I can stop by when I go pick up my ring.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a lot to consider here. Do you expect them to be users or something to throw in the sock drawer and pulled out one or twice a year to be fondled? How many do you need? It might be hard to find a local dealer that will have several of the same model knife on hand. Swiss Army style is a good suggestion. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials BTW.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would find a local maker. Let him/her have a shot at making them. He can individualize them like no “off the rack” knives! Be something they won’t toss in the nightstand.

Dangerousways

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe something like this. It's a S&W stainless you could have engraved or laser. I carry it all the time.
16636239733067570429631825192151.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom