Knives as gifts: Case?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be the exception, but I only carry knives that I’ve purchased. Knives that were given to me or that I’ve inherited go in the safe because it would bother me to lose them (not that it wouldn’t bother me to lose that $180 ZT, but there’s no sentimental attachment to it).

I‘ve bought from Smoky Mountain Knife Works, and they’re good to go, although I’ve never used their engraving service (didn’t even know about it until dlbleak posted about it above). I think Cold Steel does factory engraving (I bought one as a graduation present, but I can’t remember if it was Cold Steel or SOG).

FWIW, my brother was a groomsman for a friend of his, and the groom gave them all engraved knives (a S&W model). I thought that was a pretty cool gift.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Case mini copperlock in dark burl or light burl or a lynch northest prybar, very handy.

Attachments

• brown curly maple mini copperlock.jpg
    brown curly maple mini copperlock.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
  • blue lynch prybar.jpg
    blue lynch prybar.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 0

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a flashy as some of the other suggestions, but offers great utility and might be something they aren't afraid to actually use.
This is my favorite EDC knife. I have carried one for the last several years and used it extensively. In fact, I bought 2 more as backups in case I lose it.
I use it for everything from cutting apples to cutting open plastic wrap, scoring cutting marks in lumber to scraping the finish off of gun stocks. I probably touch up the edge every 1-2 months but I use it pretty hard. For me, that's a low maintenance knife.
All metal construction, 8Cr13MoV steel blade, assisted opening, and comes in at a great price point. It's a good useful size and blade profile.
The only downside is that unfortunately, it's not American made.

The only recommendation I'd make to improve it, is to remove the belt clip screws and put them back in with some Lock-tite.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-St...qid=1663628659&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-2

1663628964412.png

1663629290429.png

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the best presents I have got was 30 years ago a Victorinox 6" boning knife and a Victorinox steel to sharpen it.
BIL was a meat cutter at Pratts in Moore and man that knife is awesome.
Getting narrower but man what a knife.
Not an EDC.
If your buddies hunt and fish or do outdoor things with a knife there is a larger Victorinox
Swiss Army 1 Alox Silver.
That is a useful sized blade.
I take turns using different knives for deer season and sometimes an old timer 2 or 3 blade is in my pocket.
I used to make my own fixed blade for deer season, a new one every year.

Knives are nice to have for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom