1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

knives you want but don't need

Discussion in 'Knives' started by donner, Feb 25, 2017.

1. donner

donner Sharpshooter

does anyone else find themselves pulled towards knives you want, but don't really need?

For a while i was good about getting knives that were different (length, brand, deployment, etc).

I love most kershaws, but this past year was all spyderco. I love my manix 2 and have wanted a para military 2, but now that i see the para 3, i'm torn.

I've got a Ti Sage, which is pretty much the same length, so i wont need the para 3 (or para military 2, for that matter).

But damned if i don't one them!

Anyone else have this problem?

2. D. Hargrove

D. Hargrove Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yep, I went on a Benchmade run for years. Every deployment I seemed to buy another one, a Griptilion, an Axis, Barrage, Protagonist type and so on. After the 5 deployments, I decided my next would be a real nice Knife, I wanted a Kramer Gunshot Fighter. Luckily I felt the calling of retirement and saved the money...lol

Now I find myself gazing at all kinds of knives to use on the ranch like Case Sodbuster and Jr. It's a hobby Iguess, least that's my excuse.

3. Glock 'em down

Glock 'em down Sharpshooter

Rating
    97.6%
    I want an ESEE 5 so bad I can hardly stand it! :scream:

But I just can't justify 150 bucks for one. :screwy:

cal7.62x39 and D. Hargrove like this.
  4. donner

donner Sharpshooter

a very nice knife, indeed!

i'd love a nice fixed blade (was even thinking the Boker version of the ridgeback). But i can't think of a reason why i need it other than just to play with.

Every time i get close to pulling that trigger i think of all the other things i could buy that i do need. Well, 'need', anyway.

5. Timmy59

Timmy59 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yup, but my taste in knives is under 50 bucks.. Mag pouches have mags, cleaning kit and a knife, I keep an eye out for sales and close outs, CDNN closed out all knives, I ended up with several, even the wife got a few.. Copes had the Coast FX411 for 5 bucks I got 8 of them.. Now with all these blades plus those in the kitchen I want a Ken Onion work sharp so that sharpening isn't so time consuming..

6. Ignored Member

Ignored Member Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've carried/used all kinds of knives for many years now and the only one that's ever stayed and felt like it belonged was the benchmade 940, so I got a 943 and I'm about to get a 940-1601 and a 940-2

7. bigchuck83

bigchuck83 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I am always looking at new knives trying to make myself purchase a new one even though my ZT0350 is still working well.

I keep wanting a Chris Reeve Sebenza but can't justify the price to myself.

8. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have an ESSE 4 and you are indeed missing out! :)

I want but don't need an ESSE Junglas and something pretty from the Bark River Knives bushcraft or professional lines. Man I can waste a LOT of time going through each series and looking at all the handle materials.

9. doctorjj

doctorjj Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've got a few of the 4's Haven't actually used one yet. I've been stuck using my Busse SAR4.

10. cal7.62x39

cal7.62x39 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I know the plight. I love me some me Redneck awesomeness called cold Steel. I have bought stuff I will never need just because I watched their stupid videos of them hanging off of rafters by the handles.