Knob Creek Machine gun shoot is no more

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Owners were retiring from what I understand.

I went in the glory days when ammo was cheap and plentiful. It was insane how much was shot and the variety of MGs and DDs that were there. That will always be one of my favorite memories, as I was 12 or 13 at the time. The night shoot will forever be etched in my mind, just insane.

Been a few times since the mid 2000s,, and it was still good, but not like it was before. The gunshow was good, lots of rare and hard to find stuff, as well as good deals on milsurps and ammo. I think I'd miss the gunshow more than the shoot now.

I am contemplating making a fast trip in the car to experience it one more time. It is either going to be a complete dud, or people are going to pull out the stops for one last hurrah. If it is the latter, it would be worth seeing.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I read, the event owners are getting old and not interested in all the effort any more. Hopefully somebody takes the reigns, even though I've never been I've always enjoyed the coverage.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't there an Oklahoma machine gun shoot up by Woodward? I seem to recall it, but never really looked into it because I felt like having been to Knob Creek, it would be a disappointment. Maybe the Oklahoma one will grow, or at least provide some alternative.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma machine gun shoot was near Wyandotte, on a paint ball range. Went one summer day about ten years ago. Range targets were set up all down some hills and in the valley. A long straight firing line full of squad automatics, belt fed machine guns on prone positions, bipeds, monopods? Pedestal mounts. Many available to rent and fire 50-100 rounds. All opened fire to start the days shoot at once, on command around 1000 hrs. Never heard anything like it. Shook the inside of my chest. Exciting as hell. Paid the price to shoot a BAR, M60 and a MAG58 ( which would run away for 4-5 rounds after you let off the trigger, I looked back at the owner the first time it did that, he said” yeah, it does that”)

Martha

New to the site!
Reaction score
Isn't there an Oklahoma machine gun shoot up by Woodward? I seem to recall it, but never really looked into it because I felt like having been to Knob Creek, it would be a disappointment. Maybe the Oklahoma one will grow, or at least provide some alternative.
OFASTS - Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show is located in Wyandotte, OK.
Depending on your goals for attending a Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show - here is the 2023 update.
OFASTS has over 900 running feet of Line Spots - WW1 to current Firearms. The majority of the Line Spot Holders (Exhibitors) rent to the public. This level of exhibition is not found at any other Full Auto Shoot!
The Trade Show has not been as large as Knob Creek, in 2022 the Vendor Barn was complete for the June Shoot.
OFASTS invites all Vendors to contact us for additional information - we would love to have you join us!
2023 Events are June 24th and 25th and September 23rd and 24th. Vendor setup is held the Friday prior to the weekend. Please check out our website OFASTS, Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show. Call: 918-666-2788 Firing Line -
Promotor of OFASTS Since 2001!

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OFASTS - Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show is located in Wyandotte, OK.
Depending on your goals for attending a Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show - here is the 2023 update.
OFASTS has over 900 running feet of Line Spots - WW1 to current Firearms. The majority of the Line Spot Holders (Exhibitors) rent to the public. This level of exhibition is not found at any other Full Auto Shoot!
The Trade Show has not been as large as Knob Creek, in 2022 the Vendor Barn was complete for the June Shoot.
OFASTS invites all Vendors to contact us for additional information - we would love to have you join us!
2023 Events are June 24th and 25th and September 23rd and 24th. Vendor setup is held the Friday prior to the weekend. Please check out our website OFASTS, Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show. Call: 918-666-2788 Firing Line -
Promotor of OFASTS Since 2001!
You forgot your Dykon shoutout
Screenshot_20230104-140055.png

https://dykonblasting.com/portfolio/oklahoma-full-auto-shoot-ofasts-precision-blasting/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom