know what these numbers are for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I commend you in what you're trying to accomplish but remember as distance increases your target size/mil reading become more and more crucial.

Is that deer 36" tall or 39"? Is that 1.8 mils or 1.6? In these four numbers there is a max difference of 121 yards (556yd vs 677yd) if my math is correct. That's a difference of 1 mil elevation with my rifle.

If you're shooting known target sizes it solves one variable, now just get good at measuring mils.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All true statements! Shooting just like most things is a skill. Skills have to be practiced to perfect. I am just at the beginning of learning and applying this skill. I know i have a long way to go, and i know i will have to practice this skill for the rest of my life. I currently own a range finder and will use it to check my progress...otherwise i really don't know how i'm doing. I'd like to teach this skill to my kid(s) someday.
There is something inside me that would be extremely satisfied about mastering this skill, and who knows, maybe it will come in useful someday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom