Knowing how guns work can ruin a movie/tv show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw the new movie Game Night, which was pretty funny, until, a girl thinking a revolver is fake fires it into the ceiling. She gets startled and drops the revolver, which then discharges again! There wasn't enough time for her to cock the hammer before dropping it, so there should not be a way for the revolver to fire.

Ruined the rest of the movie for me.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some time back, I brought up Stephen King's abysmal gun errors. In his novel, The Stand, similar to my own The Pale Horse, he has a scenario similar to the one in the OP. One character holding a revolver AD's the gun when his gun hand is struck by a chair. All right; that's conceivable. The problem is that when the gun is dropped, it discharges again. Impossible.

I might make some errors in my stories, but they are not likely to be on guns.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just saw the new movie Game Night, which was pretty funny, until, a girl thinking a revolver is fake fires it into the ceiling. She gets startled and drops the revolver, which then discharges again! There wasn't enough time for her to cock the hammer before dropping it, so there should not be a way for the revolver to fire.

Ruined the rest of the movie for me.

Was probably a Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver.?

:laughup:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Semi Automatic.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom